Thread: Shooting the PKM GPMG

Shooting the PKM GPMG

Hey guys,

I thought I would share this video. I was invited out to shoot a post sample PKM which I have to admit, is the best GPMG I've ever laid my hands on. There are a few things I would change about the design, but overall this is one amazing weapon.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Hey guys,

I thought I would share this video. I was invited out to shoot a post sample PKM which I have to admit, is the best GPMG I've ever laid my hands on. There are a few things I would change about the design, but overall this is one amazing weapon.

Welcome to the forum! Great first post. If only we the people could own such full auto arms.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Looks like both of those fireams are a lot of fun. Great video and welcome!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It is a shame we can't buy such weapons easily anymore. The PKM in the video is, as mentioned, a post sample. So to own it you must jump through all sorts of hoops, get a FFL/SOT, get a department onboard for a demo, then buy it. When you give up your license, you lose the ability to keep the weapon. Sad. Very sad.

I wish we could get enough gun owners together to have our voices heard in Washington on the 1986 MG ban and have it repealed. But the chances of anyone listening are pretty slim.

But hey, if you have an extra $6k laying around you can build a semi-auto PKM!

Awesome video!!!

I absolutely love my semi PKM, too bad I could've bought 2 full auto ones for the same price!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Welcome to Gunsnet. Everyone, if you're on FB be sure to 'like' his page to get his updates, same if you have a youtube account. Great stuff. Fav vid is his one on steel cased ammo, which btw I posted in the ammo section a while back.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Welcome to Gunsnet and nice videos. That suppressor is quite interesting for the price.

Thanks NewbieAKguy.

I was surprised at the price of the suppressor too. I will be doing a full review of the Guardian from Huntertown Arms in about 3 weeks. I will show you what they look like up close including the internals. But I was impressed enough after shooting it and taking it apart that I bought one.

Cool

Welcome to forum.

Awesome vid's man !!!!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Welcome

thanks for posting that video its great!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Thanks NewbieAKguy.

I was surprised at the price of the suppressor too. I will be doing a full review of the Guardian from Huntertown Arms in about 3 weeks. I will show you what they look like up close including the internals. But I was impressed enough after shooting it and taking it apart that I bought one.
    Do you have any other .22 suppressors that you can compare it to when you do your review. I've got a Pilot by AAC and in the video it sounded as good as or better than the Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Do you have any other .22 suppressors that you can compare it to when you do your review. I've got a Pilot by AAC and in the video it sounded as good as or better than the Pilot.
    I don't, but I will ask if I may have access to one or two. I'll see what I can do.
    Military Arms Channel : Cutting edge firearms and gear reviews.

Great video! Nothing like shooting a belt fed!! Please post some more.