Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wifey gave me the ok......

Smile The wifey gave me the ok......

Not that I have to ask for her permission, but for peace of mind I wanted her blessing. I haven't bought a single round of ammo or an accessory, let alone a small arm in almost 3 years now.

In fact I've sold more firearms over the last five years than I care to remember....funny how soon she forgets what all I had to sell and deals I had to make to pay off our medical debt, 'cuz her body decided it would be funny to put her on her death bed a month and a half after we got married....

Sorry, not trying to rant. Anyways, my budget is $20K...MAX!!

That includes mags, spare parts, optics and accessories.....

And yes, I'm talking transferable's....

BTW, RDIAS, LL's and any other non-married sear's are worthless here in MI. It has to be registered receivers only.

So any input is greatly appreciated. I'm currently leaning towards an FNC or a RR HK G3 or HK33. Why a RR G3 you ask? 'cuz a few more grand and I would have myself an HK21E...giggity

As for a RR HK33, a few more dollars and she would become an HK53, the very first FA I ever fingered...err I mean fired
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Be sure to post pics of your latest.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Well I'm leaning towards an FNC. It leaves me with money left over.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

i approve of an fnc

A FNC would be my next purchase. But then again. I have always wanted a tommy gun.

I thought about doing an FNC a few years back but decided to go down the precision road instead of the FA road for reasons of ammo cost. South African surplus is LONG gone and even reloading costs as much as loaded ammo did a few years back.

The problem with FNCs are parts. If you break your gun finding parts is not going to be fun.

The most logical pick to me would be to go with an M-16. Tons of parts and options out there for ya and you're not just limited to .223.

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post
    I thought about doing an FNC a few years back but decided to go down the precision road instead of the FA road for reasons of ammo cost. South African surplus is LONG gone and even reloading costs as much as loaded ammo did a few years back.

The problem with FNCs are parts. If you break your gun finding parts is not going to be fun.

The most logical pick to me would be to go with an M-16. Tons of parts and options out there for ya and you're not just limited to .223.
    Now that is something I never thought of. Are uppers for an AR completely swappable with an M-16? If so, I would assume it would be legal, since the fire control is in the lower and only the lower is serialized.

DAMN, 20K,SWEET,I need friends like you.

I've looked at a few RR M16's......it ranged from shit I've never heard of, to cracked out Colt prices.

I'd love a subgun, but the only two I like are well beyond affordable.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

FNC! Sweet!
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

20K? You should be able to get an M16 and FNC. I wanted na FNC myself, but this commie state is C&R only. My second pic was what I got. Ar18
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 05-28-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Registered HK pack and do all you want.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

M16 just because you can get every part you need to change it or repair it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Registered HK pack and do all you want.
    No good here. MI is screwed up when it comes to SBR's, let alone what is considered a pistol here (MI has been breaking federal law for years now)

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    M16 just because you can get every part you need to change it or repair it.

I've looked at a few RR's. Not worth what they are asking. 30-40+ years old....and an aluminum receiver to boot. Just a few more grand and I could get a belt fed....or hell one of the two subguns I love (MP5F or a MP5/10).

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post

Finding parts for an FNC is not that hard. Pricey...yes, but far from impossible.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

How about a Ruger AC556? I've seen those selling for $7500 - and being a Ruger, you'll have the parts and mags available of course. That would leave room for another purchase like an UZI or something to go with....

Or, you can buy the AC556 and take the remaining $$ and use for a down-payment on a piece of land in the UP...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Damn guess I was wrong, prices have gone up a bit! Another 5K and you can get an M60!!!! Looks like a deal to me.
    http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/i...uery=retrieval

I am sure many of you know about this already. The staple mod to the mini 14 trigger group to make a two shot fire with each trigger pull.

My PURELY HYPOTHETICAL question is this. If you were able to anchor back the secondary sear so that it didn't engage, would the weapon fire full auto?

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I am sure many of you know about this already. The staple mod to the mini 14 trigger group to make a two shot fire with each trigger pull.

My PURELY HYPOTHETICAL question is this. If you were able to anchor back the secondary sear so that it didn't engage, would the weapon fire full auto?
    At least he was smart enough to wear a hood...... Just friggin great, now the ATF will classify staples in addition to shoe strings as machineguns...... Now we're all felons if you have a staplegun.....
    Most weapons if you play with the sear will merely cause the hammer to follow the bolt, no joy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast