Thread: Anybody used the Tapco Galil mags?

Anybody used the Tapco Galil mags?

If so, how did they perform? Thinking about getting some if they work well, if not, I'll cough up the extra for surplus. Thanks
    Moderator at www.surplusrifleforum.com Please say hello, if you visit!

I haven't tried those, but I got three composite mags from Century Arms, they fit nicely into my WASR 10/63 (although a little snug at first, I had to pop 'em in and out a few times to get the right fit & feel). They're not too expensive, got them for about $12 each (hinterlandoutfitters.com). No problems with them whatsoever. I've heard mixed things about Tapco mags, and a lot of people seem to call Tapco products "Crapco" but it's probably a mix of what you've got, and the batch you get. Depending on the hardware you have, since CAI makes the WASR, it's pretty obvious their mags should fit the rifle, and they're nice.

You can usually find semi-cheap composite mags made by the rifle importer, and they should be up to spec.

Thanks for the reply. Yup, I've heard mixed reports on their older stuff, but their newer designs seem to work. I guess I'll try a couple and if they don't work, make them swap em out.

My golani loves the tapco mags. In fact the mags that work best in my GLN receiver are the orlites and tapco. They seem to fit a bit more snugly in my clone than the steel mags.
    I like the fact that the tapco galil mags are a bit shorter (30 rounds) and lighter too. I'm not crazy about most of the plastic tapco stuff, but these galil mags IMO are a good option if you don't want to spend the $$$ on orlites.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!