Thread: 2011 C&R Postal Match News!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Cool 2011 C&R Postal Match News!

Well guys here's the trophies for the individual matches and the overall Championship. (M1 Garand not included as a prize) So everyone that's in this thing needs to get out there and participate. Spread the word and maybe next year we can make this thing a whole lot bigger!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Those are pretty cool. I think you should include the Garand though. Thanks for all your work at this.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Did you do that M1? How does it shoot?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Did you do that M1? How does it shoot?
    Not sure what you mean by "do"? It is my first CMP M1 and it's a Winchester receiver. The serial number dates from January 1942, the first month following Pearl Habor. The rest of it is a mixmaster of Springfield parts, but the barrel is dated 1968. It shoots quite accurately. How does it shoot? The bottom right target is the one shot with it in May.

This is the self loading rifle I am shooting in the C&R match for such. The stock is a Red Birch GI replacement stock and is unaltered in appearance from how I received it. Only has the P in a circle proof mark for showing the weapon was test fired. It did originally come with some grungy walnut handguards that I replaced with new red birch handguards so the entire weapn matches in color. It has the newer style of sight, not the old lock bar type that would of been on it originally. The receiver is engraved RRAD 1968 for Red River Army Depot. It was probably a rebuild in anticipation of sending it to Vietnam. I'm glad it didn't get sent there as it would of been lost or destroyed.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-18-2011 at 07:39 AM.