Thread: ITS A DRACO DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ITS A DRACO DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well bought me a draco today...... now its time to rig this out for duty and start with a good break in. thing I,am gonna do rail handguards, ft. & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings, do a good trigger job, hogue grip, flash hider and a rear sling mount. time to start shopping

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Welcome to the club!

I chose to make mine a KISS carbine. I'm really wanting to SBR it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 AtLarge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Welcome to the club!

I chose to make mine a KISS carbine. I'm really wanting to SBR it.
    Great finish!

I called century today about buying some parts and the fella who talked to said they buy these assembled from romania and they stock "NO" parts for them. said they would like to but cant get any. he told me to call back in 6 months then 'MAYBE" WE NEED TO GET THE CONTACT INFO FOR THE FACTORY GUYS AND buy direct if we can.... hope I have no warranty issues........

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    I called century today about buying some parts and the fella who talked to said they buy these assembled from romania and they stock "NO" parts for them. said they would like to but cant get any. he told me to call back in 6 months then 'MAYBE" WE NEED TO GET THE CONTACT INFO FOR THE FACTORY GUYS AND buy direct if we can.... hope I have no warranty issues........
    Only parts I've seen or heard of ever wearing out were hammers or triggers or a disconnector. Plenty of those parts made right here in the USA to use. Never seen a gas piston on an AK wear out. That said in answer to your original inquiry about where to get a piston, follow this link. http://ak-builder.com/index.php?subc...search&x=0&y=0 AK-Builder shows a 2.5" pistol piston and a Hungarian AMD65 length. I had one and it was my pistol build but I couldn't tell you how long the piston was other than to say it's at least an inch shorter than a standard piston.

DRACO

Started working on my new draco, heres my observations on it so far.
    steel euro mags are a little slopy "but" tapco poly mags are a great fit, nice & snug. also I removed the thread protector on the end of the barrel to install f/h. i just barely scratched the coloring off the bottom of the fsp and i wanted to re-color it before installing the f/h. i use KRYLON BBQ & STOVE paint for exhaust manifolds i refurb so i tried it on the skint spot on the FSP. perfect match !!!! its rated to 1200 degrees so I am very happy. ironwood designs is comming out with new romy handguards for the ak this month ( july) so once there out gonna do some switching out there, I also ordered a hogue pistol grip & I,am making my own design sling attachment devise for under the pistol grip which i,ll have pic's of soon. havent shot this critter yet but will soon. sights look straight but i did notice the front sight was adjusten alot to right side. hope its because its not sighted in yet but got that feelin it aint and was adjusted that way for a reason. got lucky and got a "C' model made in 1974 and it has the underfolder rear trunion. sure is tempting to get the stamp and sbr this thing. i bought a flash hinder off gunbroker from this fella. its nice except where the locking pin on fsb goes in f/h the reciever slots arnt big enough so i,ve got to make them bigger or reduse diameter of pin which i,am not going to do. its was 10.00 so i got what i paid for I guess. heres his uction for f/h http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=235812319
    I also ordered a cleanning rod from a outfit in north carolina http://www.classicarms.us/
    there a real joke, complete junk, cut down ak rods to draco length, in the raw and the threading is so bad no cleanning tools will go on !!!! avoid this outfit also. draco was very cosmolined up which is good but general quality is nice. wish I,d had just got this instead of my new arsenal SGL21. but hind sight is alot clearer than for sight. for $360.00 i believe these are great deals personally "if " its reliable and shoots good. more to come
    bob
    Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; 07-04-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Well bought me a draco today...... now its time to rig this out for duty and start with a good break in. thing I,am gonna do rail handguards, ft. & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings, do a good trigger job, hogue grip, flash hider and a rear sling mount. time to start shopping
    Just out of curiousity, are you going to completely replace the FSB and rear sight in order to install these "ft & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings." ?
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Just out of curiousity, are you going to completely replace the FSB and rear sight in order to install these "ft & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings." ?
    The Draco uses standard Euro AK front sight pins and rear sight assemblies. Don't they make ghost rings for standard AK rear sights? I'm pretty sure you can just replace the front pin with a tritium one. I know mepro makes a tritium AK front sight pin.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

YES I,AM GONNA REPLACE THE FRONT SIGHT POST WITH TRITIUM POST and replace the rear with ghostring from krebs customs. there ghost ring rear isnt tritium but you can drill it on both sides and install trijicom inserts in it. boy i sure lke the wood forend on your pistol ! how did you get it looking so nice ? also those finger grooves i bet work as nice as they look also. you do that too ?
    Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; 06-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.

YES I,AM GONNA REPLACE THE FRONT SIGHT POST WITH TRITIUM POST and replace the rear with ghostring from krebs customs. there ghost ring rear isnt tritium but you can drill it on both sides and install trijicom inserts in it. boy i sure lke the wood forend on your pistol ! how did you get it looking so nice ? also those finger grooves i bet work as nice as they look also. you do that too ?
    It came that way. http://www.copesdistributing.net/pro...oducts_id=1615

I,LL pay close attention to its handleing when breaking it in and consider your thinking on a trigger job... 4 sure
    Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; 06-18-2011 at 10:47 PM.

The Draco uses standard Euro AK front sight pins and rear sight assemblies. Don't they make ghost rings for standard AK rear sights? I'm pretty sure you can just replace the front pin with a tritium one. I know mepro makes a tritium AK front sight pin.
    Peep is one thing, Ghost Ring is another. Ghost Ring+ Hooded Front Sight screams "PITA" to me. Peep might be a bit different, though tbh I find the hooded front sight and a T-1 combo to be very cluttered. Cluttered enough that I've thought about pressing it off and replacing it with something else.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Peep is one thing, Ghost Ring is another. Ghost Ring+ Hooded Front Sight screams "PITA" to me. Peep might be a bit different, though tbh I find the hooded front sight and a T-1 combo to be very cluttered. Cluttered enough that I've thought about pressing it off and replacing it with something else.
    I always thought ghost rings and peep sights were the same.

I always thought ghost rings and peep sights were the same.
    TO me "Ghst Ring" has always applied to larger aperture shotgun type sights. Designed for quick acquisition at the cost of precision, ideal for up close. Something you'd see on a shotgun, for instance. "Peep", again to me, applies in general to rifles and in more specific cases uses a smaller aperture for more precise work.

Not attempting to be banal, but this is what happens when people use the terms interchangeably.

Brutus was a prophet.

On doing a trigger job, don't is my advise. These AK pistols are real easy to double tap with even with stock triggers and they muzzle climb like virtually nothing else I've fired. Very easy to shoot over a berm on an accidental double tap with one of these. You get a round out of a range, it could have serious negative consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    On doing a trigger job, don't is my advise. These AK pistols are real easy to double tap with even with stock triggers and they muzzle climb like virtually nothing else I've fired. Very easy to shoot over a berm on an accidental double tap with one of these. You get a round out of a range, it could have serious negative consequences.

That's why I put a Bulgy FH on mine. Recoil is minimal and barrel rise is almost nothing.

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I was thinkng about a smith enterprises vortex fllash hider or the bulgy myself. smith is very proud of there products price wise.

I was thinkng about a smith enterprises vortex fllash hider or the bulgy myself. smith is very proud of there products price wise.
    Yes they are, then again it seems most of these companies are. AAC's black out hider is $99 bucks if you want the model that can take a suppressor. Noveske KX3 Flash Hider hiders are $125 but they are supposed to be very effective to kill flash on SBR type weapons and large handguns.