Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITS A DRACO DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A DRACO DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well bought me a draco today...... now its time to rig this out for duty and start with a good break in. thing I,am gonna do rail handguards, ft. & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings, do a good trigger job, hogue grip, flash hider and a rear sling mount. time to start shopping

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Welcome to the club!

I chose to make mine a KISS carbine. I'm really wanting to SBR it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    Well bought me a draco today...... now its time to rig this out for duty and start with a good break in. thing I,am gonna do rail handguards, ft. & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings, do a good trigger job, hogue grip, flash hider and a rear sling mount. time to start shopping
    Just out of curiousity, are you going to completely replace the FSB and rear sight in order to install these "ft & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings." ?
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Just out of curiousity, are you going to completely replace the FSB and rear sight in order to install these "ft & rear night sights hopefully with ghost rings." ?
    The Draco uses standard Euro AK front sight pins and rear sight assemblies. Don't they make ghost rings for standard AK rear sights? I'm pretty sure you can just replace the front pin with a tritium one. I know mepro makes a tritium AK front sight pin.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

YES I,AM GONNA REPLACE THE FRONT SIGHT POST WITH TRITIUM POST and replace the rear with ghostring from krebs customs. there ghost ring rear isnt tritium but you can drill it on both sides and install trijicom inserts in it. boy i sure lke the wood forend on your pistol ! how did you get it looking so nice ? also those finger grooves i bet work as nice as they look also. you do that too ?
    Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; 06-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.

YES I,AM GONNA REPLACE THE FRONT SIGHT POST WITH TRITIUM POST and replace the rear with ghostring from krebs customs. there ghost ring rear isnt tritium but you can drill it on both sides and install trijicom inserts in it. boy i sure lke the wood forend on your pistol ! how did you get it looking so nice ? also those finger grooves i bet work as nice as they look also. you do that too ?
    It came that way. http://www.copesdistributing.net/pro...oducts_id=1615

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

On doing a trigger job, don't is my advise. These AK pistols are real easy to double tap with even with stock triggers and they muzzle climb like virtually nothing else I've fired. Very easy to shoot over a berm on an accidental double tap with one of these. You get a round out of a range, it could have serious negative consequences.

I,LL pay close attention to its handleing when breaking it in and consider your thinking on a trigger job... 4 sure
    Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; 06-18-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The Draco uses standard Euro AK front sight pins and rear sight assemblies. Don't they make ghost rings for standard AK rear sights? I'm pretty sure you can just replace the front pin with a tritium one. I know mepro makes a tritium AK front sight pin.
    Peep is one thing, Ghost Ring is another. Ghost Ring+ Hooded Front Sight screams "PITA" to me. Peep might be a bit different, though tbh I find the hooded front sight and a T-1 combo to be very cluttered. Cluttered enough that I've thought about pressing it off and replacing it with something else.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Peep is one thing, Ghost Ring is another. Ghost Ring+ Hooded Front Sight screams "PITA" to me. Peep might be a bit different, though tbh I find the hooded front sight and a T-1 combo to be very cluttered. Cluttered enough that I've thought about pressing it off and replacing it with something else.
    I always thought ghost rings and peep sights were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    On doing a trigger job, don't is my advise. These AK pistols are real easy to double tap with even with stock triggers and they muzzle climb like virtually nothing else I've fired. Very easy to shoot over a berm on an accidental double tap with one of these. You get a round out of a range, it could have serious negative consequences.

That's why I put a Bulgy FH on mine. Recoil is minimal and barrel rise is almost nothing.

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I was thinkng about a smith enterprises vortex fllash hider or the bulgy myself. smith is very proud of there products price wise.

I was thinkng about a smith enterprises vortex fllash hider or the bulgy myself. smith is very proud of there products price wise.
    Yes they are, then again it seems most of these companies are. AAC's black out hider is $99 bucks if you want the model that can take a suppressor. Noveske KX3 Flash Hider hiders are $125 but they are supposed to be very effective to kill flash on SBR type weapons and large handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I always thought ghost rings and peep sights were the same.
    TO me "Ghst Ring" has always applied to larger aperture shotgun type sights. Designed for quick acquisition at the cost of precision, ideal for up close. Something you'd see on a shotgun, for instance. "Peep", again to me, applies in general to rifles and in more specific cases uses a smaller aperture for more precise work.

Not attempting to be banal, but this is what happens when people use the terms interchangeably.

Brutus was a prophet.

no plans for a can as i dont see the need for my personal use but i do want to kill the flash and i,d like a U.S. made f/h for 922r

no plans for a can as i dont see the need for my personal use but i do want to kill the flash and i,d like a U.S. made f/h for 922r
    922r doesn't apply to handguns, even AK handguns. My flash hider is US made but thats just cause I found it for like 7 bucks. Surpisingly, the barrel flip does seem subdued even though my muzzle device is so small.

"if" i decide to legally SBR it then 922r comes in and anything i buy for it I like to think ahead.

"if" i decide to legally SBR it then 922r comes in and anything i buy for it I like to think ahead.
    Actually if you SBR it it's title II weaponary then. 922r only applies to title I weapons.

anybody know where i can buy a new draco gas piston ?

anybody know where i can buy a new draco gas piston ?
    Why? Did something happen to your's?

Sorry, don't know anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast