Thread: The decked out Mako AK

The decked out Mako AK

Military Arms Channel : Cutting edge firearms and gear reviews.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nicely done video. I enjoyed seeing the products reviewed and learned quite a bit from this. Thanks for posting.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Nice review. I'm curious about mounting slings. Does the stock allow for standard slings?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

A standard sling, no. If you look closely you'll see a round sling mount in the rear of the stock just behind the lever for releasing the cheek riser. But it does have a provision for a sling mount.
    Military Arms Channel : Cutting edge firearms and gear reviews.

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Couldn't you run into compliance issues with parts that are made in Israel? I know that the stock, handguards and grip would bring the count down by 3.
    I'm just trying to comply with 922cr, I do like their products, what do you think?
    Just me and my monkey....

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    Couldn't you run into compliance issues with parts that are made in Israel? I know that the stock, handguards and grip would bring the count down by 3.
    I'm just trying to comply with 922cr, I do like their products, what do you think?
    Great question!
    Nice review though...pricey, eh?
    видеодон

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    Of course you could as they are not US made parts. How many you can use and stay 922r depends on what type AK you have. Newer ones will have a US receiver and a US barrel and probably a US fire control group of; hammer, trigger and disconnector. It would probably have a threaded muzzle as well which would require one more US part. It could be; the pistol grip, handguards, buttstock, muzzle device or gas piston. 10 or less foreign made parts to be 922r compliant. A totally US mag is another 3 US parts.

So to summarize, it all depends on how you configure thew weapon as to one being able to use all 3 Mako parts and still be 922r compliant.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.

very nice