Thread: Red Dot cost

Red Dot cost

You have a $400 AK, Just how much should you spend on a red dot system that would be fairly reliable?
    "I AM TOO OLD TO FIGHT SO IF THREATENED I SHOOT TO KILL"

Quote Originally Posted by goyena70 View Post
    You have a $400 AK, Just how much should you spend on a red dot system that would be fairly reliable?
    Kobra.

Great place to get one: http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

I wouldn't go much over $125...
    but that's about what I gave for my Kobra a few years back.
    видеодон

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The site is confusing! Could not find the order procedure
    "I AM TOO OLD TO FIGHT SO IF THREATENED I SHOOT TO KILL"

Quote Originally Posted by goyena70 View Post
    The site is confusing! Could not find the order procedure

You have to email them to get a price list and instructions for ordering. Top-notch folks there, great to do business with, just wish I had some funds for another red dot!

ETA: Just found this, looks like Tantal is no longer selling products! I hope all is well, or at least, will be ok!

THE PRODUCT SALES SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE
    WAS CLOSED ON 31 DEC 2009
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BIG THANKS TO OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!

Avtomats-in-Action has closed the products and sales section of this website due to health issues. We will try to maintain the AK reference materials found here for as long as possible. I want to thank you very much for the great customer support I have received over the many years I have done business with the shooting and collecting community! Thank you very much!
    You can of course still contact us via e-mail if you have any questions or comments concerning the history of Kalashnikov rifles, or you simply wish to actively participate in (or contribute images and information towards) the creation of a complete and accurate record of AK history. I can be reached at tantal@sbcglobal.net
    Last edited by ATAK, Inc.; 08-29-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Doug Ford at Tantal is great to work with.
    Just email him.
    видеодон

Good luck finding a Kobra now. They are selling for over $400 if you can find them. Doug at Tantal hasn't been selling anything for a while now. He quit doing so for health reasons.

I think your best bet would be to go with the Vortex Strikefire w/ RS AKM mount package that AIM is currently stocking. They are asking $249.95 w/ free shipping.

I've got another Vortex red-dot, the SPARC, mounted on my Sig 556. If the Strikefire is anything like it as far as quality (and by all reviews I've seen, it is), then it is a way better unit than the Kobra. I have a Kobra, and while it is a decent unit (especially for the original price) it's not nearly as good as the Vortex sights.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    I have an Eotech 557 with the Eotech 3x magnifier and an Aimpoint Comp M4 for mine to mix and match with. That's a quick $1400 for those. Millions of fashionista babes across the globe can't be wrong...It's all about the acessories.