Thread: Arsenal machined receiver AK accessories

Arsenal machined receiver AK accessories

Good day. My first post. I own a very nice Arsenal AK machined receiver. (plastic/composite stock and fore grip). It is a great rifle but seems to be not very upgrade/accessory friendly. My first problem is disassembly of the upper fore grip. I would like some advise with this. With my fore grip (upper portion) the plastic assembly seems permanently crimped in place. How do I disassemble the upper fore grip on this rifle. I can (last resort) take my dremmel and cut out the plastic section to facilitate installation of an after market rail system. I want to install a quad rail fore grip and I am looking for one that does not attach directly to the barrel. I am looking for a quality fore grip rail system. I am willing to spend to get the right dependable solid part. Also, I am a fan of the AR collapsable stock. Is there a resource that manufactures a collapsable stock tube that will mount to my rifle without cutting any of the upper or lower tangs?

I appreciate your inputs ALL! Thanks!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Many of the Arsenal rifles are considered collectible due to the fact that Arsenal either didn't import or produce many. My suggestion is not to do anything that would destroy the value of your rifle, like dremeling the upper handguard holder, or removing the lower stock tang to make your rifle an AR-15 look-a-like.

Granted it is your rifle to do what you want with, but me personally as a collector would hate to see the rifle modified in a way that it could not be easily returned to original.

I have an SA 93. When I got an after market stock set, I could not remove the handguard off the gas tube. So I bought another gas tube (Chinesse) to use, so that I could keep the original handguard.
    Last edited by WB!; 08-30-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: left out a word