Thread: Halo Luminous Sight

Halo Luminous Sight

Put together an article on a plain, simple, cheap and easy-to-use sighting device I came up with, due to problems I was having using my video camera.

Your welcome to add one to your camera/s or gun/s; and at your own risk and expense of course.

Here's a multi-pic that sort of explains it.

Here's a link to the article: http://www.pointshooting.com/1ahalo.htm

A caution about self defense use:

Scientific investigations and studies of Police combat cases, have established that sights are not used or may not be able to be used in real close quarters life threat situations. As such, one may not be able to use the Halo sight effectively in such a situation, but it's easier and quicker to use than the sights.

So, if you are a sight shooter and have a gun for self defense, learning how to aim and shoot accurately at close distances without using the sights, and to get comfortable shooting that way, makes sense.

And that could get you into taking the next and logical step of learning a method of threat focused shooting.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

That's pretty cool.

I have found that for my house guns, having a good tac light on them is a great boon to nightime shooting. Kind of the same thing your sight is doing during the day.

Under a pressure situation, you can tap the light on and off and if on, if the beam is centered on the bad guy, you can be sure that the round will land on him.

This is the same as a laser but it also has the effect of blinding the bad guy.

Again, I like the type that you can tap on and release "off" as you are clearing rooms, etc. and just push harder to snap on.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    That's pretty cool.

I have found that for my house guns, having a good tac light on them is a great boon to nightime shooting. Kind of the same thing your sight is doing during the day.

Under a pressure situation, you can tap the light on and off and if on, if the beam is centered on the bad guy, you can be sure that the round will land on him.

This is the same as a laser but it also has the effect of blinding the bad guy.

Again, I like the type that you can tap on and release "off" as you are clearing rooms, etc. and just push harder to snap on.
    Your light use is very practical.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Is that a hair curler?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.