Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New XD-M

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    where did you find factory mags that price?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    where did you find factory mags that price?
    They were on sale at Midway. They are not always that cheap, but the mags are available in enough numbers that they'll go on sale occasionally.

Here they are for $26. Keep an eye on them and they'll be on sale eventually. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=135131
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

well after all this I went out today and did the only logical thing

bought an NAA mini gun in .22lr

So small you can hide it from TSA agents?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I think I might would actually feel better armed with a fixed blade knife.

BTW my dad has had one for years, and says never attempt to disassemble it. Its like a fine watch on the inside with a million little pieces.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I think I might would actually feel better armed with a fixed blade knife.

BTW my dad has had one for years, and says never attempt to disassemble it. Its like a fine watch on the inside with a million little pieces.
    it's my "always have a gun on me" gun, it's the variety that folds and has a pocket clip, so when I'm carrying it it just looks like I have a big folding knife.

Evidently they must be popular, because the guys at the shop said they got two in today and the first was already sold (it was the .22 mag) I know I don't see a whole lot of them around, most of the ones I've seen have been .22 mags. I hope to take it out to the range tomorrow to do some highly scientific balistics testing to see which ammo manages to penetrate the second milk jug

Yeah, its a close range head buster. Probably best used against assailants armed only with blunt or sharp objects.

I've thought about getting a polish p-64 as a pocket gun. I already stock 9x18, and the gun is smaller than a PPK.

Yeah, its a close range head buster. Probably best used against assailants armed only with blunt or sharp objects.

I've thought about getting a polish p-64 as a pocket gun. I already stock 9x18, and the gun is smaller than a PPK.
    the problem with mak's etc as pocket guns is that they are too heavy, compared to my .38 my mak makes my pants sag way too much to pocket carry. What are the p-64 frames made out of? if it's alloy it might not be that bad, I know the PA-63 is alloy if you can find one of those. I'd also say tha between the 4 9x18's that are about (mak, PA-63, cz, and p-64) the p-64 feels the worst, it is a very uncomfortable pistol.

if you're going to go for an automatic that size you may as well just go for a kel-tec 9, which isn't going to be a whole lot more money. It's in a better round, is more compact, and has higher capacity.

The p-64 is steel. I figured if I could pocket carry a CZ-82, it ought to be a lot more comfortable with the slimmer p-64. Its smaller than the other 9x18 pistols, and smaller than a PPK as well.

The kel-tec might be better, but I never liked the idea of double action only. That and kel-tecs don't seem very durable. You could probably run the polish over with a tank.

when you consider power though the trade off of durability is worth it, 9mm in +p around 124 grains out of a pistol that size is not too far behind .357 out of a snubby. why don't you like DAO?

Never had a DAO before. I don't want to have to crank down on a trigger to make it fire, except the first round.

The durability matters if the round it decides to break on is the first one fired in a defensive situation.

Never had a DAO before. I don't want to have to crank down on a trigger to make it fire, except the first round.

The durability matters if the round it decides to break on is the first one fired in a defensive situation.
    it depends on the brand, some DAO's are better than others. A kel-tec is not bad, it's a little heavy but not that long and fairly smooth.

yes but kel-tecs are popular enough that you know they're not total crap, they may not have the round count of a p-64 but they're going to last long enough

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    the problem with mak's etc as pocket guns is that they are too heavy, compared to my .38 my mak makes my pants sag way too much to pocket carry. What are the p-64 frames made out of? if it's alloy it might not be that bad, I know the PA-63 is alloy if you can find one of those. I'd also say tha between the 4 9x18's that are about (mak, PA-63, cz, and p-64) the p-64 feels the worst, it is a very uncomfortable pistol.

if you're going to go for an automatic that size you may as well just go for a kel-tec 9, which isn't going to be a whole lot more money. It's in a better round, is more compact, and has higher capacity.
    I just got my PF-9 today. Pocket carry works like a dream. It was only $230 plus $18 shipping from CDNN.

The XD-M is interesting that Springfield took it up a few notches and added more ammo, and a bunch of match quality extras. I've owned 3 XD's all 3 service models, 2 9mm, and 1 .45 ACP. I liked them and shot well with them, the .45 I seemed to do better with. But, once I bought a Glock it was over, I like the trigger on Glocks better than XD's in my experience of the 2. I also for some reason like the Glocks stricker being inside fully compared to the XD. But I did like the loaded chamber indicator XD's have, thought it was a neat approach and found it better to identify in the dark. I did like the 16 rd mags on the XD9, compared to the G19. Still have 8 XD9 mags I havent been able to get rid of. They both are great guns by far, ugly, black, and evil.

Are those 8 XD9 mags for sale then?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Are those 8 XD9 mags for sale then?
    Ditto.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

So anyone get one yet?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Well I can't say much. My .45 ain't exactly pretty either, but at least it didn't smell like a garden hose.

Dunno, I think it looks cool. :-).

And yes... it's true... I am a dirty.... dirty gun whore.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Dunno, I think it looks cool. :-).

And yes... it's true... I am a dirty.... dirty gun whore.
    LMAO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast