Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New XD-M

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Very cool!

I've got a XD-9 service and a XD-45 tactical bi-tone. I do like the looks of the XDM. Maybe if they come out with a XDM-45 in 5.25 I'll get one because it would have mag interchangeability with the 45 tactical.

At first I didn't realize all the other changes they made. It's certainly not just a 5.25 XDM.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 06-28-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

egads man, i dont like te looks

My Glocks would go on strike...I admit to being XD-curious.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    LOL at 10-32.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    That explains a lot...

I just can't do it. I have passed on the offers to shoot them at the range.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Both the Glock and XD are great weapons, to me it all comes down to comfort with the grip angles... I prefer a more 1911 style grip to the Luger-like grip on the Glock. That being said, as an XD owner (XD-9 Sub-Compact and XD-45 Tactical)... I have always been a little turned on by the Glock 20...
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Both the Glock and XD are great weapons, to me it all comes down to comfort with the grip angles... I prefer a more 1911 style grip to the Luger-like grip on the Glock. That being said, as an XD owner (XD-9 Sub-Compact and XD-45 Tactical)... I have always been a little turned on by the Glock 20...
    Gun slut.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    egads man, i dont like te looks
    +1 it's like every gun company is in competition to see who can make the ugliest gun.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    +1 it's like every gun company is in competition to see who can make the ugliest gun.
    Yeah but they all are falling short of Hi-point. They need to try much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Yeah but they all are falling short of Hi-point. They need to try much harder.
    I have to disagree, that xdm is far uglier than the hi-point

I'm not going to make fun of your gun if it works for you, but that thing is seriously fucking ugly. The competition XDM might be ugly, but XDs in general look way better than a hi-point.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I'm not going to make fun of your gun if it works for you, but that thing is seriously fucking ugly. The competition XDM might be ugly, but XDs in general look way better than a hi-point.

I agree, but that m model is just horrible looking. If you take out the factory hi-point mag (which looks alot like a cordless drill's battery) and stick in a 1911 mag that fits flush the overall look goes from fugly to OK, until you look at it from the muzzle, then it's back to fugly.

make fun of it all you want, thats one of the big reasons I bought it.

Have you considered a cz-82 as a cheap pistol instead? Or would that be cheating on the makarov?

Are you going to get a hi-point .45 carbine to go with it? BTW, why did you get the worlds cheapest handgun chambered in the worlds most expensive (not really) handgun cartridge?

well I've been at this for a long time, so I have quite a few "cheap" pistols to complement the hi-point, a cz is hardly a replacement though, because a 9x18 is not a .45, besides, my mak was cheaper than a cz....

The reason why I went with a hi-point in .45 (besides that I just wanted one) is because it's the only hi-point that it makes any sense to buy, there are a whole host of 9mm's out there that aren't a whole lot more than a hi-point 9 and are a whole lot better of a gun. If you get a .40 it's the same gun as the .45, just chambered in a weaker round. and I reload so ammo price isn't that much of an issue. I am an advocate of the hi-point .45 as mainly a range toy. I'm very dubious about it as a defensive arm because I don't trust it with one in the pipe. They are a good study in how simple you can make a functional self loading firearm.

I will most likely pass on the carbine, I just don't have a use for it. I have one in 9 that I haven't shot in years. They're a good choice if you are short on arms, I just haven't been short on arms in a while.

Well I can't say much. My .45 ain't exactly pretty either, but at least it didn't smell like a garden hose.

I'm actually considering picking up one of them, the thing that kills me though is that a taurus 24/7/socom/mall ninja costs $140 less and feels alot better in the hand, too bad it's a taurus.

I'm actually considering picking up one of them, the thing that kills me though is that a taurus 24/7/socom/mall ninja costs $140 less and feels alot better in the hand, too bad it's a taurus.
    I hate to say it, but I think those Taurus tupperware pistols look pretty fugly too. The only Taurus autos I would have the balls to buy would be the PT-92 or PT-1911.

The Croats don't have a stellar manufacturing reputation, but they came up with the XD design (HS-2000) when their asses where really on the line and the UN wouldn't let them import firearms. Somehow they turned out a good pistol.

I'm hungry for a double stack .45, but nothing out there right now has really caught my eye, maybe a cz-97 if I can find one about.

I'm hungry for a double stack .45, but nothing out there right now has really caught my eye, maybe a cz-97 if I can find one about.
    Ok. Well my advice is try out an XD-45. I prefer the tactical, obviously. I got 13 round factory mags for $23 each, which is a lot cheaper than mags for other double stack 45s.

I had a para ordnance warthog and didn't trust it. Also paras come with a shitty finish, cheapo magazines, and a high price tag. I would avoid a double stack para.

Oh, you might also want to check out the new FN 45 pistol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast