Thread: New 12-Gauge AR-style Shotgun

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

New 12-Gauge AR-style Shotgun

A while back there were .410 semi-auto AR shotguns floating around. I thought they were neat, but at the time I wished they came in 12 gauge instead. It looks like my wish came true! However, only 5-round magazines are available because they are imported from Turkey. A little pricey at $700, but neat. MKA 1919 Semi-Auto 12-gauge shotgun:

http://centerfiresystems.com/MKA-1919.aspx

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Like skorpion said, made in Istanbul, Turkey by Akdal Arms.

http://www.akdalarms.com/mka.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Neat, the 12ga is too big to use a standard AR lower.. but I wonder if the 410's did and just put a new upper on? Any info on that?

Compared to a Saiga... $699 doesn't seem too outrageous, but for that kind of money, I think I'd rather have a Saiga 12 since there are already 10-20 round mags out there for it.

BTW, the lower looks like a poly/nylon type CAV-ARMS uni-lower... do you know if its plastic or aluminum? Any info on reliability?

How long before it is classified as a DD?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

MilitaryArms talked about it one of his videos.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...thorn-and-more.

See the thread above.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Neat, the 12ga is too big to use a standard AR lower.. but I wonder if the 410's did and just put a new upper on? Any info on that?

Compared to a Saiga... $699 doesn't seem too outrageous, but for that kind of money, I think I'd rather have a Saiga 12 since there are already 10-20 round mags out there for it.

BTW, the lower looks like a poly/nylon type CAV-ARMS uni-lower... do you know if its plastic or aluminum? Any info on reliability?
    The 410 had a ton of really cheap plastic if i remember correctly. Everything i read said they were basically really cheaply made and not much better than a functioning toy novelty, but i think they were just an upper for a standard lower.