Thread: Norinco Mak 90

Norinco Mak 90

I have a chance to buy a used one for 250 bucks, is this a good deal? I am just now dipping into the Semi-Auto rifle scene and I am not very familiar with them. I have priced them on gunbroker and that seems to be a good deal. I would rather have the opinion of shooters of this site. The rifle is good condition, and still has the factory thumb hole grip. There is a little rust here and there but it is nothing major.

For $250 I'd buy em all day long.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I'd pop on it for $250, that was a good price for a beater AK back when AK's were cheap, now its a really decent buy, especially when you consider the quality compared to the garbage on today's market.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I'd pop on it for $250, that was a good price for a beater AK back when AK's were cheap, now its a really decent buy, especially when you consider the quality compared to the garbage on today's market.
    The more I read about the Mak 90, the more excited I am getting. I work in a Gunstore and I am the "Pistol Guy" not the rifle guy, so I've come across some great deals and have past on them. I am already looking for upgrades, and when I say upgrades, I mean stock upgrades. I don't want the tacticool look, I just want a good ole' fashion Ak-47. The only thing I am changing is the thumb hole stock to a standard butt stock and pistol grip.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I haven't seen one at that price in over 15 years!!!!! If you don't want it, let me know where it is!!!!

Even with the Bush-hole stock and a little rust, $250 is a steal these days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *GunNut* View Post
    The more I read about the Mak 90, the more excited I am getting. I work in a Gunstore and I am the "Pistol Guy" not the rifle guy, so I've come across some great deals and have past on them. I am already looking for upgrades, and when I say upgrades, I mean stock upgrades. I don't want the tacticool look, I just want a good ole' fashion Ak-47. The only thing I am changing is the thumb hole stock to a standard butt stock and pistol grip.

you may luck out and get one that doesn't have the angle cut in the reciever in which case any stock should do (but you'll have to sand it down a little to get it to fit the thicker chinese reciever) if it is angle cut you can either just use any other AK stock and have it look funny, or get an ironwood set that's designed to fit a slant cut mak.

romak10/63UF
    Dear GUNNUT 250 bucks for a Ak47 Mak90 is a steal of a deal... you need to buy it ASAP... before some one else even see's that its for sale... if you dont have the money ask the seller if he will give you a chance to buy it on layaway.... If not i know people on hear will jump to buy a Mak-90 for that price...

Quote Originally Posted by romak10/63UF View Post
    Dear GUNNUT 250 bucks for a Ak47 Mak90 is a steal of a deal... you need to buy it ASAP... before some one else even see's that its for sale... if you dont have the money ask the seller if he will give you a chance to buy it on layaway.... If not i know people on hear will jump to buy a Mak-90 for that price...
    The gun is not for sale for everyone to see, the rifle came off pawn and I put it in my office for the night. looks like I will be buying it tomorrow. Thanks for alll the advice guys, this website is the bomb!!

you may luck out and get one that doesn't have the angle cut in the reciever in which case any stock should do (but you'll have to sand it down a little to get it to fit the thicker chinese reciever) if it is angle cut you can either just use any other AK stock and have it look funny, or get an ironwood set that's designed to fit a slant cut mak.
    Is there a way I can find out if it has that angle you are talking about? If so, how do I tell?

Quote Originally Posted by *GunNut* View Post
    Is there a way I can find out if it has that angle you are talking about? If so, how do I tell?
    you'll have to take the stock off here's a pic that shows the difference

you'll have to take the stock off here's a pic that shows the difference

Thanks man, will do first thing in the morning.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Just my two cents...buy the gun or we'll call you funny names and make fun of you until you get chased off.

You have been warned

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    .....we'll call you funny names and make fun of you until you get chased off.
    Well he already has a funny name, I'm not too fond of his screen name "Gun Nut". Names like that validate the insult by the gun haters that all of us are somehow mentally or emotionally unstable. Anyone calls me a 'Gun Nut" will have a stern talking to..... Stinker however, is a WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well he already has a funny name, I'm not too fond of his screen name "Gun Nut". Names like that validate the insult by the gun haters that all of us are somehow mentally or emotionally unstable. Anyone calls me a 'Gun Nut" will have a stern talking to..... Stinker however, is a WINNER
    WOW! grow a pair you pansey! Where I come from its fine to be a GUN NUT!! People like you, are the ones who gives us a bad rep. I can't believe somebody will try to get so intellectual over a screen name. I love guns, and thats the screen name I chose. Now gentley remove your panties from a bunch an enjoy the rest of the night.

Funny, I have been an AK-nut for many years and being called that by other firearm owners is something that I respect and enjoy.

I have no problem with someone calling themselves *GunNut* but I do have a problem with those that forget we have a constitution with a second amendment guarantee.

And yes, your feelings on names is protected by the first amendment.

(EDIT)
    First of all, let me offer my apologies to Gun Nut. I was being a bit of a dick. Sorry.

The term Gun Nut is HATED where I hail from, primarily because it's used so often as an insult by gun haters. All the big gun collectors I know would go ballistic if you called them a 'gun nut'. But then this is a phenomenon most commonly experienced in CALIFORNIA (as well as New Jersey, parts of Illinois, New York, MA, etc.) Didn't to mean to take it out on some member whom I don't even know. Sorry.
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 07-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Funny, I have been an AK-nut for many years and being called that by other firearm owners is something that I respect and enjoy.

I have no problem with someone calling themselves *GunNut* but I do have a problem with those that forget we have a constitution with a second amendment guarantee.

And yes, your feelings on names is protected by the first amendment.
    AK nut is different. It didn't ring any alarm bells for me, because the gun haters don't USE IT has a pejorative. It is not in the common lexicon as Gun nut, aka, someone who has an unbalanced obsession with guns (not the healthy obsession that us enthusiasts have).

(edit) but I was being foul tempered and I apologize. I just has a BAD DAY in dealing with some anti gun types and it put me in a foul mood. Sorry

Addendum: Tthose of you who live in areas of the country who never have to worry about crusading hand wringing liberal gun banners, you are fortunate. I must say that.
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 07-01-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Geeze...when i start some shit unintentionally.....

my only question is, did you buy it?

tank_monkey