Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zastava M95A

I got sidetracked building the 84S. Weather and chores permitting, I plan on taking 84S, M95 and an M1A out this weekend.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Now it's November, where is the range report?
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Now it's November, where is the range report?
    I've got a rubber tube draining blood out of my abdomen from a botched appendectomy where I have spent 23 days in the hospital. I'm taking baby steps now and trust me I would much more prefer to be shooting but it's a little difficult when you have difficulty putting your shoes on.

Stay with me, I've got about 3 rifles that I have got to get to the range (my back yard) but sometimes life isn't a ticker tape parade.

Edited:

Insider I apologize for the smart ass response. I will get you guys a range report. It's just that I can't hardly hold a phone to my head right now but I will get the M1A, Chinese AK in .223 and the M95 on paper and make a separate post on them. I just don't know when at this point because I just got out of diapers about 5 days ago, can't put my clothes on by myself, have to have help taking a shower etc....... It's a challenge and tiring for me to sit up straight and try to catch up with what's been going on with you guys.

I know I must seem like all show and no go after my build frenzy but I will get it done.
    Last edited by jojo; 11-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.

forgive my ignorance, but where did u get that kit and what did it run u?

I got it from a company called Ohio Rapid Fire (owner died and company dissolved) and best I can remember (it's been a few years ago) I gave somewhere around $375 - $400 for it. I got kind of a package deal cause I bought some M92's and M85 Krink kits and a butt load of magazines for the original Zastava 5.56x45 at the same time. They were all unfired and the lamps on all of the tritium night sights were bright.

In retrospect I wish I had bought a few more of the M95's but the original magazines for the M85's and the M95 was a determining factor in it at the time. The mags were pretty high and I bought enough to have at least 6 (8) for each kit I'll have to check.
    Last edited by jojo; 11-12-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Nice! that's one beautiful gun

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I've got a rubber tube draining blood out of my abdomen from a botched appendectomy where I have spent 23 days in the hospital.
    Damn, you should have done it yourself
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Damn, you should have done it yourself
    You got that right. If my family hadn't moved me to a different hospital I think I might not be here to day. I am completely miserable and it's been a month. Maybe they can get this damn tube out of me this Thursday. I went last Thursday hoping they would remove it and they said 3 more weeks or have to surgically remove it. Dammit Man

I've got a rubber tube draining blood out of my abdomen from a botched appendectomy where I have spent 23 days in the hospital. I'm taking baby steps now and trust me I would much more prefer to be shooting but it's a little difficult when you have difficulty putting your shoes on.

Stay with me, I've got about 3 rifles that I have got to get to the range (my back yard) but sometimes life isn't a ticker tape parade.

Edited:

Insider I apologize for the smart ass response. I will get you guys a range report. It's just that I can't hardly hold a phone to my head right now but I will get the M1A, Chinese AK in .223 and the M95 on paper and make a separate post on them. I just don't know when at this point because I just got out of diapers about 5 days ago, can't put my clothes on by myself, have to have help taking a shower etc....... It's a challenge and tiring for me to sit up straight and try to catch up with what's been going on with you guys.

I know I must seem like all show and no go after my build frenzy but I will get it done.
    Holy sheet dude! I am so sorry to hear that. Get well soon! Here's some eye candy to cheer you up-
    Last edited by insider; 11-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks for the tease. If you don't mind my asking did you buy it built or in a kit. Does it group well at 100 yds. Looks sweet.

I got that hose out of my abdomen Thursday and am feeling better each day so I can't wait to get to the range. I hope I can do this at the end of the week or beginning of next week. This house is like a prison. I'm gonna prep a friend of mine to help me get at least on or two of the rifles to the range. Even if we don't sight them in just to see what kind of group we can get with them.
    Last edited by jojo; 11-20-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks for the tease. If you don't mind my asking did you buy it built or in a kit. Does it group well at 100 yds. Looks sweet.

I got that hose out of my abdomen Thursday and am feeling better each day so I can't wait to get to the range. I hope I can do this at the end of the week or beginning of next week. This house is like a prison. I'm gonna prep a friend of mine to help me get at least on or two of the rifles to the range. Even if we don't sight them in just to see what kind of group we can get with them.
    Lets just say I've got that baby on layaway. I've always wanted one with a fixed stock, and I found one for sale on another forum.
    A fixed stock Yugo 70 goes with it, a matching set! I've already paid for one, I'm paying for the other when I pick it up. You gotta love those Yugo's! Both are built on Nodak receivers.
    Last edited by insider; 06-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Edited:

Now this is a case of Malpractice if I ever heard of one. How incompentant does a Doctor have to be to fuck up a simple operation like an appendectomy? What they do, forget to put stiches in after they cut it off?

I think they actually punctured my intestines and then sewed it up. So far I've gone from 222 lbs to 195 lbs but I'm getting stronger everyday. After 16 days in the one hospital my family could see that I was only getting worse every day so they moved me to another which identified the problem immediately and I have been getting better ever since.

At this point I'm happy to be alive.

I think they actually punctured my intestines and then sewed it up. So far I've gone from 222 lbs to 195 lbs but I'm getting stronger everyday. After 16 days in the one hospital my family could see that I was only getting worse every day so they moved me to another which identified the problem immediately and I have been getting better ever since.

Your damn lucky you didn't get a staph infection. A buddy of mine went for knee surgery, caught a staph infection, dead at 50!

Forum Administrator

They are as if not more accurate than an M4.....they are really welll ballanced and basically kick-ass. Smooth as silk and very little recoil. Not to mention very rare. Serbia never fielded the rifle for its troops production is similar at 1000 units like the M21 Internal Special Forces Units.

The heavy barrel 1/7 is a direct copy of the M4 contour.

Very nice examples, guys. I've been looking to add a .223 Yugo to the collection.

Get well, we can wait.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Not as scientific as many of you do at the range but a friend and I went to the range and fired the Zastava M95, the 84S that I parted together a few months ago and a couple M1A's. It was cold as the dickens and we really didn't have time to concentrate on any specific weapon that I brought as we got a late, their were people at the range and my friend was trying to get a hunting rifle sighted in.

I did get him to fire a couple of off hand 10 round strings at the targets with each rifle. The 84S is the target on the left and the Zastava is the one on the right. Not sure what the targets were designed for as they were way smaller than full silhouette.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Didn't post this in your other thread, but that M95 has been on my want list forever. Just never was able to bring myself up to paying the going prices the couple of times I have seen them.

Nice table decorations!!! Enjoy!!!

Home safe and sound.
    Last edited by insider; 06-20-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast