Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zastava M95A

Zastava M95A

A few years ago I bought a Zastava M95A kit and 2 Zastava M85 kits from ORF (as you know they are 5.56x45). Never got around to getting an SBR for the 85 builds but finally got the M95A finished. Runs like a champ. Built on Nodak Spud receiver. It was a new demilled rifle so all I did was refinish and bake the receiver before I pressed the rivets in. All 3 have the flip up night sights and the lamps are still good. A cleaning rod and sling and I'll be fixed up. When I bought them I went ahead and bought 15 of the original Yugo mags that go with them.

I still have to get my papers in order before building the 2 Zastava M85 kits but there's no rush. I wanted to do them right. I have the receivers already just haven't got around to the paperwork. Guess I should get started on that so I'll have a good winter time project.

Anyway gonna try to post some pics.

Last edited by jojo; 07-04-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Nice! I need to get mine built...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Oh that is so frigging sweet! Congrats, you've done a wonderful job on it. Have you shot it yet, how does it group?

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Very nice looking build you have there! Congrats!

Thumbs up

You have a very sweet rifle!
    I do not own any 5.56 rifles,this I would love to have.
    You did a Fine job.

Thumbs up

She is gorgeous!!!!

I'm jealous man.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I haven't put it on paper yet. Just function tested it. After looking at it I see there is no hole thru the lower handguard for a cleaning rod. There is a very small hole thru the bayonet lug and the front site base looks like it should take a cleaning rod. That's odd. I sure like the flip up night sites, adjustable gas system and bolt hold-open.

The Nodak receiver is sweeet. Built like an RPK. They even put the detent for semi and full on them. It went together so easy. Now to see how she prints on paper.

As most of you probably know the bolt guide rails on the Y556 receivers from Nodak ride a little high in the receiver (not sure why) but it requires you to build up the hammer and re profile it. Otherwise the bolt will never push the hammer down far enough to full cock.

It takes Bulgarian 5.56x45 mags so that's a plus. I have a crap load of them from when I bought some Bulgarian Krink kits in the old days.

That is one under rated rifle.
    I have built two. One on a NDS receiver and one on a ColdSteel Yugo blank.
    They are exceptional. I ran several US compliant part buys on the flash hider
    and sold probably 400 pieces for this on various forums for 3-4 years.

Your's looks really fabulous.
    Congrats. Good luck on your M85's
    I never did pick up one of these.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by rahatlakhoom View Post
    Congrats. Good luck on your M85's
    I never did pick up one of these.
    It was my understanding that only 50 of the M85 kits were ever imported. This of course was according to Todd the owner of ORF (think he died of liver failure or the likes). I have no reason to doubt him as I have never seen them again and he was always up front and honest with me. I bought a lot of stuff from him for sure. (You know you are buying too much stuff when they recognize your voice on the phone).

Forum Administrator

Jojo

Todd did not import these nor was he ever an importer....... know the importer and the exporter. 300 M85 .223's Hope this helps.

Todd was an 07 manuacturer and an 01 FFL.

NICE!!!!!

I've been tempted by these.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Thumbs up

Suweet - very nice. Great job on the rivets

And good move on the mags. That's the one "soft" spot of these.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Oh please do let show us a tight group...something more to show the AR crowd that a well made AK is not the underdog.
    Plus 200 posts or so as IZZY from MN.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Anyone know who has mags? I kept putting off buying 5 to 10 and now I can't find any. I'm even having a hard time finding the black Bulgie .223s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    Jojo

Todd did not import these nor was he ever an importer....... know the importer and the exporter. 300 M85 .223's Hope this helps.

Todd was an 07 manuacturer and an 01 FFL.

Thanks for the info. I probably just misunderstood him. I just know who I dealt with. I bought 4 M92, 2 M85, M95A and some Bulgarian kits. Maybe ORF just had the kits for building or something. I recall he had quite a few virgin kits but everything I bought was new demilled. He sure had some nice kits no doubt and they weren't that terribly high IMHO. Todd was good about working with you and throwing in extras like mags.

I'll try to get out and put it on paper. The heat index has been between 107 and 117 degrees and I haven't been anxious to get out in it any more than I have to. I'm soft.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Anyone know who has mags? I kept putting off buying 5 to 10 and now I can't find any. I'm even having a hard time finding the black Bulgie .223s.
    I just saw 2 on Gunbroker tonight but can't find them again. Not sure how I searched. You might want to settle for Bulgarian cause the originals are pretty steep.

That M95 looks awesome. I've always wanted one of them and missed my chance at the kits.
    When you go to do the M85's be prepared for cycling issues and having to really tweak them to run right. I've seen 4 of them down here now done by different smiths and not one ran right the first couple of times. Lots of Short stroking issues. Lot's of trips back and forth from smith to range. Once they run their great and a whole lot of fun.

Oh that is so frigging sweet! Congrats, you've done a wonderful job on it. Have you shot it yet, how does it group?

That is one nice looking rifle!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Question

So did you ever get it on paper?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast