Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This months pick-ups.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    Not to hijack, but how do you legally ship live ammo from person to person?

P.S. How much are gallery rounds worth?
    First make sure the state and or locality your shipping to doesn't have some kind of restriction against the ammo you're shipping there (if it does then it's up to your discretion from that point on) then box it up and take it to UPS. Mark the box ORM-D (IIRC that means Other Restricted Materials) or something like that and indicate on the paperwork that you are shipping "small arms ammunition". They may want you to ship it "signature required" or "over 18 to sign" but that may not be an actual requirement just something they try to get more money out of a person. From my pat experience that's about it though it's been a while and things do change.

P.S. All the ammo I ever shipped was through an actual UPS center and not a UPS Store so that may make a difference.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    First make sure the state and or locality your shipping to doesn't have some kind of restriction against the ammo you're shipping there (if it does then it's up to your discretion from that point on) then box it up and take it to UPS. Mark the box ORM-D (IIRC that means Other Restricted Materials) or something like that and indicate on the paperwork that you are shipping "small arms ammunition". They may want you to ship it "signature required" or "over 18 to sign" but that may not be an actual requirement just something they try to get more money out of a person. From my pat experience that's about it though it's been a while and things do change.

P.S. All the ammo I ever shipped was through an actual UPS center and not a UPS Store so that may make a difference.
    Thanks.

Thumbs up

In my experiences, I agree with Richard Simmons. UPS shipping hubs are 10 times better than the stores....at least in my experience's.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Nice Mosins brother, my second firearm was a M44 and damn they are fun. Have had a M38, and 91/30 since then and out of the lot I like the M38 best. Gave the M38 to a friend in a trade for a shitload of 308 ammo. He sawed the stock off and holy shit it was rough. I might pick me up a few Mosins sometime in the future, you just cant beat a serviceable military rifle of the past for the price. Hope you enjoy your new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    hey bill. where the hell you been?
    Been around - just busy!
    Ship with UPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12