Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AK 7.62 Challange

Well, it looks like my old eye's aren't what they use to be.

I had to start out at the 25 yard line:

Not to Shabby, could of been tighter..... Now I'm off to the 50 yards:

That was the best of two. Now I gotta get to the 100Y

I know what Grump meant by only could see a white dot, so I had to add a brown background and a orange dot in the middle with the blue tape just to get an outline of things. After several targets, down to my last one, this is what I manage to get.

I'm gonna have to get back out there to get more 50 yard time.
    Can't have grump beat me(the cheat) like that.

The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Id play but I dont own any AK's, and the rifles I do have wears glass. I need an AK!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Hey Moe, he posted so he's in right?

You got two weeks to find a gun with iron sights.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Hey Moe, he posted so he's in right?

You got two weeks to find a gun with iron sights.
    Agreed!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Okay, I did my shoot today. It was sunny and about 90 degrees, 50 yards in the sitting position, five shots. Did some snapping-in, then shot a couple of warm-up targets before shooting on this final target. I was getting a nice grouping until my last shot. I took too long to squeeze off the last round and my aim was low, placing the last round 2.5 inches lower than the others.

Ewbank Polish Underfolder with Wolf ammo was used. I used the 10-round mag to keep things light.

My two targets are the ones in the center of the photo mounted to a piece of cardboard on the ground leaning up against the plywood.

Last edited by skorpion; 07-21-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Okay, I did my shoot today. It was sunny and about 90 degrees, 50 yards in the sitting position, five shots. Did some snapping-in, then shot a couple of warm-up targets before shooting on this final target. I was getting a nice grouping until my last shot. I took too long to squeeze off the last round and my aim was low, placing the last round 2.5 inches lower than the others.

Ewbank Polish Underfolder with Wolf ammo was used. I used the 10-round mag to keep things light.

My two targets are the ones in the center of the photo mounted to a piece of cardboard on the ground leaning up against the plywood.
    It's official, you are not allowed to shoot at me unless you back up at least 3 miles first.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    It's official, you are not allowed to shoot at me unless you back up at least 3 miles first.
    Same for you, Grump!

Where is everyone at? Ten more days to post up a target! Chop chop! Oh, and thanks, Moe, for motivating me to shoot paper with this particular AK for the first time. I never realized until now that it was shooting so far to the left!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I never realized until now that it was shooting so far to the left!
    I still do!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Shit, I may do 1 of 2 things then. Either keep it 7.62 and take the Leupold off the AP4 and use the Irons, or take the Acog off the M&P15 and use the irons. I'll see what I can do, and see if the GF wants to play too.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Shit, I may do 1 of 2 things then. Either keep it 7.62 and take the Leupold off the AP4 and use the Irons, or take the Acog off the M&P15 and use the irons. I'll see what I can do, and see if the GF wants to play too.
    Less talking, more shooting.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12