Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More union workers getting "loaded" at lunch.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs down More union workers getting "loaded" at lunch.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/14...-during-lunch/

Really makes me want to run out and buy a Dodge. NOT!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

It's in the contract.......

There is nothing the company can do about it. Remember, the Guineas own Chrysler and they drink wine all day long..................chris3

Question

Don't we, the taxpayers own them now?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Workers at a Chrysler plant in Michigan have reportedly been caught on video smoking and drinking during lunch breaks.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/14...#ixzz1S6S9sM9u
    Is smoking now illegal during lunch breaks ?? Did I miss that memo ??

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    They're smoking pot or are you being facetious?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    How is this shocking news? That's a traditional detroit passtime. I moved away(permanently) many many years ago but i grew up there and you see this all the time. There were allways some guys who come to work, clock in, go across the street to the bar and get hammered all day, come back at the end, clock out and go home. They would do that for years. Thank the U.A.W. for that one.

If i'm not mistaken they STILL have the lunchroom guys. Their only job is to hang out in the lunch room day after day after day just in case they might be needed for something. Another gift from the U.A.W.

Scott Garberding's indignation is laughable. He knows this is going on. Note that the guys are "indefinitely suspended without pay" while anyone that actually lives in the real world would've been uncerimoniously shitcanned on the spot. They'll take a couple days "off" and come back like nothing happened. They'll probably even get their backpay offered to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They're smoking pot or are you being facetious?
    Thanks. (Was not being flatious.)

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    Anti-smoking mania has completely taken over my employer (a state university). They have a no smoking policy ANYWHERE on campus. That even means a smoker can't smoke OUTSIDE. They can't smoke in their own CAR if it's on school property.

So, at my school yes smoking is illegal during lunch breaks (and any other time too).

I don't smoke, I hate smoke and cigarettes... but this crap has gone WAY too far. WTF? Can't smoke OUTSIDE???
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Scott Garberding's indignation is laughable. He knows this is going on. Note that the guys are "indefinitely suspended without pay" while anyone that actually lives in the real world would've been uncerimoniously shitcanned on the spot. They'll take a couple days "off" and come back like nothing happened. They'll probably even get their backpay offered to them.
    What will probably happen is this:

* Chrysler wants to fire them
    * Union files a grievance on their behalf
    * An arbitrator gives them a middle-ground decision (Chrysler wants termination, employee wants his job) so the result will be a $500 fine and back to work as usual. (IF his employment record prior is clean).

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Anti-smoking mania has completely taken over my employer (a state university). They have a no smoking policy ANYWHERE on campus. That even means a smoker can't smoke OUTSIDE. They can't smoke in their own CAR if it's on school property.

So, at my school yes smoking is illegal during lunch breaks (and any other time too).

I don't smoke, I hate smoke and cigarettes... but this crap has gone WAY too far. WTF? Can't smoke OUTSIDE???
    You actually don't know they are smoking pot?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Where's all the socially liberal, legalizing drugs, libertarians, defending the right to smoke pot as a person might want to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Where's all the socially liberal, legalizing drugs, libertarians, defending the right to smoke pot as a person might want to do?
    Right here.

I know of few things more futile than the dumb-ass war on drugs.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    You actually don't know they are smoking pot?
    I was merely commenting on ridiculous smoking policies. I have no idea what any particular people smoke. As far as the auto workers being discussed here... it's probably a sure bet that they were smoking pot. Not that I care.

What's wrong with pot? It should be treated like alcohol... don't give it to minors... don't toke then drive and don't operate heavy machinery when high.

If someone wants to smoke a joint at home, kick back and relax, what's wrong with that?

It's necessary to separate what is LEGAL from what is MORAL.

A person who smokes pot may be doing something illegal, but it certainly is not immoral.

I say go for it.

And if you do it at work and your employer dont care, I guess thats cool too. Right up till you get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronwicp View Post
    And if you do it at work and your employer dont care, I guess thats cool too. Right up till you get hurt.
    And then it's a lifetime of SSI disability on the tax payers dime. Which BTW leaves even more time for smoking pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    What's wrong with pot? It should be treated like alcohol... don't give it to minors... don't toke then drive and don't operate heavy machinery when high.

If someone wants to smoke a joint at home, kick back and relax, what's wrong with that?

It's necessary to separate what is LEGAL from what is MORAL.

A person who smokes pot may be doing something illegal, but it certainly is not immoral.
    We need to keep pot illegal so it's easier for 9 year old kids to buy.

Wart

And then it's a lifetime of SSI disability on the tax payers dime. Which BTW leaves even more time for smoking pot.
    Hatred for those retired and now hatred for the disabled.

Wart

Here too. As a libertarian, I find it offensive to have laws on the book meant to protect the individual from oneself. Liberty is about making decisions, and suffering the consequences of those decisions, should it come down to. America was not founded with the intent of becoming a nanny-state, where Big Government decides what is good for you, and therefore, dictates your lifestyle and choices.

I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes, so long as they are not violating the rights of any other individuals. The idea is that the only valid laws are those which protect the individual from other individuals, as in the case of driving under the influence. The government already attempts to legislate behavior through "sin" taxes and other means.

War on Drugs: Mexico 1, USA 0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast