Thread: postal match setup

postal match setup

I'm interested in setting up a postal match. could anyone explain the terms of the match and any rules and regs that need to be followed and / or laid out ahead of time.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hogmister View Post
    I'm interested in setting up a postal match. could anyone explain the terms of the match and any rules and regs that need to be followed and / or laid out ahead of time.

thanks.
    There's one going on now.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...tch-Rules-2011
    If you are planning a non-C&R match, you can go by these rules to a certain extent.
    You can be gun and ammo specific.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    There's one going on now.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...tch-Rules-2011
    If you are planning a non-C&R match, you can go by these rules to a certain extent.
    You can be gun and ammo specific.
    thanks. i read through that one. i was interested in setting up a non-c&r match. maybe something a little less formal to keep costs down for everyone. no trophies or mailing in targets. (i know that's why it's called "postal") thinking more like a "digital" version. just post a pic of your target near some sort of standard size reference piece (quarter, caliper, ammo, or whatever). have a poll for the winner. i was thinking 17hmr at 50 or 100 yards, if there is enough interest in that caliber.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

thanks. i read through that one. i was interested in setting up a non-c&r match. maybe something a little less formal to keep costs down for everyone. no trophies or mailing in targets. (i know that's why it's called "postal") thinking more like a "digital" version. just post a pic of your target near some sort of standard size reference piece (quarter, caliper, ammo, or whatever). have a poll for the winner. i was thinking 17hmr at 50 or 100 yards, if there is enough interest in that caliber.
    There is a rimfire forum for something like that. Moebrown just did one for .22 LR.

I don't own a .17, but I'm sure at least 60% of the members here have a .22LR.
    Keep the rules simple & fair. Oh and it must have a good deadline.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...2-LR-Challange

I know a few people want a rematch.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    I don't own a .17, but I'm sure at least 60% of the members here have a .22LR.
    Keep the rules simple & fair. Oh and it must have a good deadline.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...2-LR-Challange

I know a few people want a rematch.
    i am recently part of the other 40%. just sold mine for ar parts.