Yesterday was going to be a 100 yard day but 102 degrees and 20 mph winds made me stay inside the with the A/C. Today it only got up to 98 and the winds barely got up to 15 mph gusts and 10 mph average so I decided to take advantage of the nicer weather and shoot a little slug because I had to shoot something.

Not exactly black rifle or tactical shotgun but 2 loads of shot at water jugs at 25 yards and 3 slugs at 50 yards with rifle sights is tactical enough for me.

I wasn't quite beat to death yet so back to my slugs but in my long legged 20 gauge that the 12 gauge magnum boys like to make fun of. I should have brought it out when I took the 12 gauge out because the transition from the cool dry air of the house to hot and humid fogged up my scope immediately, I had two aimed shots and then it was center the dark gray spot in the middle of the light gray haze for the last 3 shots but never underestimate the old 20.

By the time I got the guns to the shop for cleaning and everything else put away I was feeling like a herd of cows had decided to lay down to rest in the middle of my chest. Going out to shoot might not have been my best move today but a shooters gotta do what a shooters gotta do.

Tomorrow its only supposed to go up to 92, maybe I will get to my 100 yard line yet. I have a lot of guns that need the exercise. Just need to get out before the predicted thunder storms.