Thread: Mossberg Joins the 5.56 AR Bandwagon

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Mossberg Joins the 5.56 AR Bandwagon

Who doesn't make an AR now? Hey, the more the merrier! At this rate, maybe even GLOCK will be pumping out ARs some day.

Mossberg MMR 556 AR-15
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

for those prices I could almost build 2 guns.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

between the number of 1911 manufacturers and AR manufacturers, both platforms of which I am a fan, those things seems to be falling out of the sky as of late.

Too bad the prices arent going down as a result.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Bring on the Izimash AR-15(which i would consider ), Intratec AR-15 Rossi AR-15 and Lorcin AR-15.
    Just get it over with

Edit: Something tells me the AR market is going to a dark scary place where you have to very carefully inspect and verify the manufacturer of every single part you get if you're building.
    Last edited by stinker; 07-22-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Lorcin AR-15.
    Haha, after 400rds fired, the owner will have to diassemble and check lower receiver for cracks.

I once had a Lorcin 9mm and it was an ok little gun, up until I hit 400+ rounds and it started failing on EVERY round. After 2 FTF and 1 FTE, I decided to take the thing home and check it out. Part of the rear frame, back near its uncomfortable grip safety, had started cracking and upon disassembly, it cracked the entire rear part of the frame in half. Needless to say, the gun was cut into 5 or 6 little pieces the next day. In the end, it wasn't a bad little noise maker for $89

Forget about the Lorcin, bring on the Jennings! Or better yet, High Point!
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

The last coupler gunshows I have been to were flooded with orientals selling cheap low quality AR parts from China. Most were knockoffs of name brand parts with forged trademarks on them. Rumor is that they are airsoft quality at best.

I guess the average joe doesn't care if he puts a complete piece of shit on his rifle to save a couple of bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Bring on the Izimash AR-15(which i would consider ), Intratec AR-15 Rossi AR-15 and Lorcin AR-15.
    Just get it over with

Edit: Something tells me the AR market is going to a dark scary place where you have to very carefully inspect and verify the manufacturer of every single part you get if you're building.
    IF Izzy ever comes out with an AR I will break down and buy a crappy ar.
    I hear some call the AK the "dark side"
    I am Darth Vader and hate the ar.