Thread: Yugo SKS stock and trigger help?

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Question Yugo SKS stock and trigger help?

Im looking for some opinions from you guys on a couple things. One, I want to get a trigger job on my Yugo SKS because the factory trigger is HORRIBLE. Not only is it very heavy, its also very gritty. Does anyone know a trustworthy person or company I could send it to and have it tuned up (lighted and smoothed out) that wont break the bank? I'm not looking for a feather light, match trigger, but anything would be a huge improvement on this thing.

Two, anyone here interested in refinishing a SKS stock or know a person/company that will do it relatively cheap? The stocks current condition is close to that of a surplus Mosin. It's a very cheap shellac job, but underneath the bubba'd finish is a great condition stock. Don't want to get fancy with it, but rather would like to restore it's original condition.
    I remember back when Z-Recto was doing refinishing work for members here, I was going to send the stock to him. Then when things went south for him and all his customers and the site owners had to get involved, I quickly changed my mind.

Now, before all you guys say "why can't you do it yourself", I do not have the tools, time, or knowledge. I've seen plenty of pictures of members here who do first rate jobs on stock refinishing, so I figured I would ask?

Any and all opinions/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

On the SKS trigger I normally take mine apart to polish all the contact points where the sear comes in contact with the rails. To do that all you have to do is remove the front pin and pull the sear and it's spring.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

http://www.murraysguns.com/sksown.htm

Check out this guy, i know he has a fix for the firing pin problem for the SKS, sounds like he has a lot of knowledge on them, give him a call i'm sure he can fix the crappy trigger

I picked up an arsenal re-conditioned Yugo SKS in excellant condition at JG sales 3 years ago, if i ever get off my lazy ass and unwrap it and clean up all the cosmoline i'm going to send this guy my bolt to have him work on it.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/carbine/index.asp
    I've found this site to useful also.
    Last edited by davepool; 07-25-2011 at 10:28 PM.