Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Russian Garand is here

Mine's a 1942 non-sniper version. Love the rifle, but the LoP is wayyyyy to short for my gorilla long arms. One thing I noted was that each time I changed ammo types, from Russian to Polish for example, I had to readjust the gas to get her to cycle.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Mine's a 1942 non-sniper version. Love the rifle, but the LoP is wayyyyy to short for my gorilla long arms. One thing I noted was that each time I changed ammo types, from Russian to Polish for example, I had to readjust the gas to get her to cycle.
    What settings were you using?

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    That is the first thing I saw too and I'm guessing that the stock was built for average to short country folks wearing large bulky overcoats and sweaters for Russian winters. I'm also guessing the long barrel is because of the powder they used.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    What settings were you using?
    Couldn't exactly see what they were in the cold, windy February day I shot her. I know that what she was set at wasn't cycling the action and I used a multi-tool to adjust the knob as my fingers were a touch froze. Did somthing right, as after that it worked ok. Until changed ammo types that is. Then I had to do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    That is the first thing I saw too and I'm guessing that the stock was built for average to short country folks wearing large bulky overcoats and sweaters for Russian winters. I'm also guessing the long barrel is because of the powder they used.
    It looks to me like the took the profile of the MN and transferred it over. Just like everything else they made, they were not made with an eye towards the tall, long armed capitalist clientelle.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12