Thread: Shooting around corners: Accutact Anglesight

Shooting around corners: Accutact Anglesight

Military Arms Channel : Cutting edge firearms and gear reviews.

This is how I shoot around corners, don't you?

I like the way about 1:20 he tells how it can be rotated around and facing an instructor... hope the instructor likes eating hot brass! Hahaha.

I wonder what the liability of such an item on your rifle would be in court for those of us without the backing of the gov't behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I wonder what the liability of such an item on your rifle would be in court for those of us without the backing of the gov't behind us.
    ""IF"" you had time to use in a HD/SD situation it would pay for itself. Have your state get castle doctrine and don't worry about it.
    That's the only real application I can see for it.
    Your hands/rifle are still majorly exposed though.

Cool Product.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Why would this be a liability? Are you thinking that it makes the rifle "more deadly", like using "black talons" or some other high-tech ammo? Its designed to allow users to see around corners without exposing their body.... typing as I'm thinking here.... I think you might be right!

It just came to me... I could see an attorney saying something like: "mriddick killed the intruder needlessly... how could he have been in fear for his life? He could see around the corner, his body was not exposed... there was no immanent threat to his life, yet, he took the shot anyways!"

Okay... who said that you were aiming around the corner using the prism? For that matter, as said by HK... My state of GA has "Castle Doctrine".... does yours? If so don't worry about it. Besides, IF you ever do have to shoot someone in your house... there's only two things you need to tell the police 1) He said he was going to kill me (I could care less what the BG really said, but that's what I'm telling the cops) and 2) I was in fear for my life. Anything else, talk with your attorney first! Please review the "Don't talk to the cops" videos in the other thread. You shouldn't even be getting into any details on how you aimed, how you think the BG got into your house, what bumps you heard in the night, where you first saw and made contact with the BG.... You are going to be taken downtown to the PD and questioned/interrogated (errr.. "interviewed").... if someone dies because of your actions shooting them with a weapon, I don't care if you believe you're justified/innocent or not.... just like in those videos, I'm not saying crap unless I have an attorney present.

Looks good to me. An angle site like this is very practical. Thanks for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Why would this be a liability? Are you thinking that it makes the rifle "more deadly", like using "black talons" or some other high-tech ammo? Its designed to allow users to see around corners without exposing their body.... typing as I'm thinking here.... I think you might be right!

It just came to me... I could see an attorney saying something like: "mriddick killed the intruder needlessly... how could he have been in fear for his life? He could see around the corner, his body was not exposed... there was no immanent threat to his life, yet, he took the shot anyways!"

Okay... who said that you were aiming around the corner using the prism? For that matter, as said by HK... My state of GA has "Castle Doctrine".... does yours? If so don't worry about it. Besides, IF you ever do have to shoot someone in your house... there's only two things you need to tell the police 1) He said he was going to kill me (I could care less what the BG really said, but that's what I'm telling the cops) and 2) I was in fear for my life. Anything else, talk with your attorney first! Please review the "Don't talk to the cops" videos in the other thread. You shouldn't even be getting into any details on how you aimed, how you think the BG got into your house, what bumps you heard in the night, where you first saw and made contact with the BG.... You are going to be taken downtown to the PD and questioned/interrogated (errr.. "interviewed").... if someone dies because of your actions shooting them with a weapon, I don't care if you believe you're justified/innocent or not.... just like in those videos, I'm not saying crap unless I have an attorney present.
    Why you ask? Well I've been in court, I've been at the receiving end of a prosecutor (nothing gun related) I was thinking of what they might do if say you shoot your AR at an intruder and it hits an innocent by shear mistake. It's going to be bad either way but it might be the difference between charged with an accident and maybe something much worse, after all you're setting your firearm up so you can fire it without directly looking down the sights which might take the charge up a notch or two. I've always been of the mindset a clean shot is a clean shot regardless but at the same time even if not used it might make a case that you're someone much more "gun"-ho to start shooting even if the target isn't in direct line of sight then say someone just defending his castle.

Other then that it reminds of older training aids that helped instructors look at your sight picture before you shot. Sort of neat to see an old idea recycled like that.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    This is how I shoot around corners, don't you?

I see some people getting killed here....Namely some rednecks trying it out....

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I see some people getting killed here....Namely some rednecks trying it out....
    You know Myth Busters actually did a piece on the curving bullets thing and the found out .... that it can NOT be done. Pure Movie BS. The Accutact sight is reality.