Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just Bought A North American Arms Black Widow-

I Just Bought A North American Arms Black Widow-

It came with a holster, carrying case, instructions, and 291 rds of 22 magnum ammo. I figure the gun has been fired all of 9 rounds! I paid $175, and am already eyeing their "pug" model. Did I do okay?

I ask b/c I've never dreamed I'd buy a NAA firearm. Yet when the opportunity came up, I couldn't say no.

Rage

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    sounds pretty good to me, I just paid $239 for a new .22lr model with holster grip. You will love it, they are a dream to carry and NAA customer service is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    sounds pretty good to me, I just paid $239 for a new .22lr model with holster grip. You will love it, they are a dream to carry and NAA customer service is really good.
    I've already got my eye on a pug. I think they look badass as hell, and love the size.

Rage

I would highly reccomend you take a gander at one with a holster grip, makes them very easy to pocket carry

I would highly reccomend you take a gander at one with a holster grip, makes them very easy to pocket carry
    Will do. Can you get them in the magnum models, or are they all 22lr?

Rage

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    What is a holster grip?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Will do. Can you get them in the magnum models, or are they all 22lr?

Rage
    they make them for magnums to

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    What is a holster grip?

works like a folding knife

I have two of the lr versions and carry them quite abit, one is a std model and the other is a folder. Both are pretty handy.

Do you ever feel a little "underpowered" carrying a .22?

Its prolly just a mental image I cant get over but come to think of it ANY gun is better than no gun I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Do you ever feel a little "underpowered" carrying a .22?
    not at all, The chances of me getting into a gunfight are pretty small. And if I do I would hope the NAA would be enough to get me to the car, where I have a .40. In the majority of cases the surpise of the intended victim pulling a gun is enough to stop the situation. Remember gunfight rule #1, as you said any gun is better than no gun, which is what I'd most likely have without the mini.

not at all, The chances of me getting into a gunfight are pretty small. And if I do I would hope the NAA would be enough to get me to the car, where I have a .40. In the majority of cases the surpise of the intended victim pulling a gun is enough to stop the situation. Remember gunfight rule #1, as you said any gun is better than no gun, which is what I'd most likely have without the mini.
    Very true points. I thought about carrying a P22 sometimes as their so tiny n lightweight.

My usual is a .45 Kimber Pro Carry 2 so it would be a big difference in comfort and weight.

with my work and usual style of dress carring a big gun really isn't practical so pocket carry is the only option, the biggest thing with the NAA is that it doesn't interfere with my usual arangement of stuff in my pockets, I feel perfectly fine with carrying my cell phone in the same pocket, which I can't do with my .38, plus with it being so small I keep it on my from when I get up untill I goto bed, it's always there and I mind very much when its not.

with my work and usual style of dress carring a big gun really isn't practical so pocket carry is the only option, the biggest thing with the NAA is that it doesn't interfere with my usual arangement of stuff in my pockets, I feel perfectly fine with carrying my cell phone in the same pocket, which I can't do with my .38, plus with it being so small I keep it on my from when I get up untill I goto bed, it's always there and I mind very much when its not.
    Thats awesome, It sounds like this is an option one should highly consider. Ive never owned a pocket pistol, all have been mid to full size handguns. I think ill start looking for one

I have a NAA .22 magnum that I open carry or in my pocket.

http://www.northamericanarms.com/fir...s/mag/msc.html
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The Beretta jet fire 22mag is very small and makes a hell of a lot of noise.

IMHO and experience, Those are only useful as a back up to a bigger more deployable piece, or a KNIFE.

Reasons:

1. It takes extra time to deploy and shoot effectively compared to a DA handgun or revolver.

2. It only has 5 shots of a small caliber.

3. A knife wont run out of ammo OR make a noise, and is just as deadly at NAA mini ranges ( the BW dose give you better sights and is the "best" Mini IMHO, but is is still a short range gun for most).
    Last edited by Izzy; 08-21-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Edited to be more Congenial
    Plus 200 posts or so as IZZY from MN.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    By the time you deploy that ( unclip, unfold, cock and aim) you should hope they are laughing so hard they forget to do you bodily harm.

Those are only useful as a back up to a bigger more deployable piece, or a KNIFE. A .22 magnum with CCI bird shot wont even reliably kill a bird point blank with only one shot.

Even if you happen to have have a real good preminition of an attack, and can do all of the above ( draw, relase grip, cock, and maybe aim) you will very little deterent, as they may think it's a toy or a cig. lighter.

Stay Lucky, you will need it.
    actually it's very easy to draw, unfold, cock, and shoot in one quick fluid motion. As for bird shot there is a very simple way to deal with it, don't use it. Even out of a centerfire it's useless for self defense.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...28pic-heavy%29

I've only shot a raccoon with my NAA revolver (1-1/8 22lr), the first shot was a miss but did stun him with the noise so he at least stopped his aggression for a few seconds, the second shot put him down without a problem (laid there and twitched till dead). On the second shot I had to wait till he was within 3 feet so accuracy is not a big plus with these (now I practice more with mine alot more). My plan if it ever comes to shooting a bad guy is basically the same, shoot and continue shooting till I'm either out of bullets or he's are no longer a threat. The way I figure if a guy has 5 of these in his belly even if he's still mobile he'll be easier to beat down bleeding out internally then left to his own devices unharmed...

I agree in that I can pull and unfold my pistol in one motion from my pocket with no problem.

Edited to be more Congenial.
    Last edited by Izzy; 08-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I've only shot a raccoon with my NAA revolver (1-1/8 22lr), the first shot was a miss but did stun him with the noise so he at least stopped his aggression for a few seconds, the second shot put him down without a problem (laid there and twitched till dead). On the second shot I had to wait till he was within 3 feet so accuracy is not a big plus with these (now I practice more with mine alot more). My plan if it ever comes to shooting a bad guy is basically the same, shoot and continue shooting till I'm either out of bullets or he's are no longer a threat. The way I figure if a guy has 5 of these in his belly even if he's still mobile he'll be easier to beat down bleeding out internally then left to his own devices unharmed...

I agree in that I can pull and unfold my pistol in one motion from my pocket with no problem.
    It's pull out, un-fold, COCK and AIM ( somewhat) and FIRE...don't forget the other three. If your first shot missed the "coon", think if the racoon was a person who could fire ( or stab /bludgen ) back at you....

Like I said good as a backup to a better gun, not a primary carry piece...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast