Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 26 Info Please

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    If your looking for suggestions for a .357 I'd be inclined to point you in the direction of the Ruger GP100 as both a rugged, well made firearm and one you can find at very reasonable prices new or used. In the strictly used category, though they tend to hold their value quite well and will probably cost you more than the Ruger a Smith & Wesson Model 66 or better yet a 686 would be a couple of nice ones to look at. They'd actually be my first choice since I've been addicted to S&W for years but from a cost standpoint for a noncollector the Ruger would probably fit the bill and the wallet a little better.
    Thanks. I've been thinking about the Ruger. The 66 Smith is on my wish list, in 2 1/2" bbl form.
    If you don't like the way I do things you can tell me, just don't expect me to change.

Quote Originally Posted by john law View Post
    Thanks. I've been thinking about the Ruger. The 66 Smith is on my wish list, in 2 1/2" bbl form.
    I love S&W and will buy all I can get in good times. But if I had to buy one 357 to last a lifetime it would be a Ruger GP-100 or Security Six. I've owned both plus a couple of S&Ws, and I personally believe the Security Six to be the world's best .357. And I see the GP 100 as being the world's best .357 on an overdose of steroids. Hell, I heard it rumored years ago that some police department actually threw one out of a helicopter at 100 foot. The weapon was scratched but mechanically perfect. That police department went to Glocks despite the Ruger's ruggedness. The Security Six is strengthened where needed and a lot lighter than a GP 100. Both are available with adjustable sights. And both are about as industructable as any revolver can be. Fact is that if it weren't for the G-19, a Ruger .357 might just be my favorite handgun.

Rage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12