Thread: Bulgy Makarov goodness

Bulgy Makarov goodness

Traded today for a Bulgarian Makarov, and I love it.

My cousin and shooting buddy has had a pair of em and CCW's one of them. I have been trying to get my hands on one forever and today finally got my wish!

He found some unknown leather IWB holster for his and it works like a dream. Any of you carry this piece and have a holster recommendation? Also wheres a place to find original magazines?

BTW I LOVE this gun

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Congrats! They are nice shooters. I'm interested to hear about a CCW holster, as well.

Here ya go for magazines.......<http://www.robertrtg.com/makarovmagrussian.html>. These people are a pleasure to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by az_paul View Post
    Here ya go for magazines.......<http://www.robertrtg.com/makarovmagrussian.html>. These people are a pleasure to deal with.
    WOW thanks alot for the link, these guys have some very interesting items.

Over the years, I purchased items from them via the phone and in person at the big Phoenix gun show in December. Always has been good quality merchandise at a reasonable price.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Hey snake, if you ever find out any info on a good concealable IWB holster for the Makarov, please share with the board. I too have a Bulgy Mak that I carry but its usually in a cheap Uncle Mikes holster as I haven't been successful in finding a good IWB holster for it.

As for mags, the above site is a pretty good place to get them from. I too have done business with them and things went smoothly. After I got my Mak, I got 3 spare mags from a member here on the boards (thanks mrriddick!) for pretty cheap. And because my Makarov was purchased from J&G, I had to pay an extra $20 to get the spare mag the gun originally came with (J&G scam that pisses me right off).

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

solidus, congrats on a great new pistol! Maks are great and reliable guns. I recommend the Hornady XTP defense ammo.

I would recommend a cross breed holster - you will love it. http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Do not judge them by the looks - they are ugly as shit but it all goes inside the wasteband - that big horsehide sheath makes it really comfy to carry and helps to conceal the pistol.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

holster...pfft.
    I go what we call mexican style back in cali.
    Just it in the back in your waist band.

I have a uncle mikes I think it was a size 0 that works great though its outside the pants but with the right shirt you cant see it.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

You really need the red star grips.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

I'm installing a pair now