Thread: I need some advise.

Question I need some advise.

As some of you know I bought a Win 1200 series pump that has some issues.
    That being said, I need to punch out the old ejector retaining pin. I am really sure the reciever is aluminum and want to careful not to damage it, how can I do this? A peice of wood cut to fit where the trigger group goes and a small spacer like a socket, or something else? I am sure it is driven in from the outside, what type of hammer do I use. I think I have a punch that small but it's gonna be close. Thoughts on the matter?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Brass Punch?
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    As some of you know I bought a Win 1200 series pump that has some issues.
    That being said, I need to punch out the old ejector retaining pin. I am really sure the reciever is aluminum and want to careful not to damage it, how can I do this? A peice of wood cut to fit where the trigger group goes and a small spacer like a socket, or something else? I am sure it is driven in from the outside, what type of hammer do I use. I think I have a punch that small but it's gonna be close. Thoughts on the matter?
    you're on the right track. a tight fitting piece of wood with a hole for the pin to clear will work. or a steel or brass (probably better) sleeve, with a thick wall, to support the action will do the trick. as long as the fit is snug you should be properly supporting the reciever to avoid damage. just make sure your punch is as close to the pin size as possible without being too big. if too small you run the risk of peening or mushrooming it, making the fit tighter.
    good luck!