Thread: got a new to me Ruger GP100 .357 mag.

got a new to me Ruger GP100 .357 mag.

Got it at the pawn shop, of coarse the pawn shop guy told me the original owner had fired only about 12 shots before he relized the mag rounds were too much for him bla bla bla, although it does apear to be like new. its my first centerfire revolver so im pretty anxious to fire it, may be a few weeks before I can get to the range though.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've got one with a longer barrel and adjustable sights. Very accurate and one of my daughters loves to shoot .357's out of it. .38's are pretty wimpy out of it.
    What'd you pay?

probably too much $499. but you know how it is when you want somthing. They actually wanted $525.

A stainless GP 100 with either 3 or 4 inch barrel is on my buy list. From what I've seen you've paid in line for what most are asking, one reason I haven't bought one is my limit is $400 and everyone is about a $100 more...

You'll love it!

World's most rugged, double-action 357 mag.

I've always regretted selling mine.

Also regret selling my security six.

Oh well, maybe in better times or when America is America again.

Rage

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I've been leaning towards a Ruger GP-100. I keep tossing up 4 or 6 inch, and full lug ("bull barrel") or semi-lug. Maybe I'll get a 5 inch. Or maybe I'll get both.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Congrats! Nice catch.

.....great choice and good find ! Anywhere around five bills is a good deal !

I love mine and worked an extra job at nights to buy it ($475.00 new) (they were also asking 525.00 !!

Even at 525.00 it's a great value considering every article I could get my hands on before my purchase said it was considered better than it's rival. It's strong and over-built bigtime.

Yours should be as smooth as mine and accurate too ! Recoil is not an issue unless your girl or grand-mother is going to be popping off rounds every other day ....

I shoot mostly .38's at the range , then finish with .357's to regain that shit eatin' grin then keep it loaded with .357's for duty ....

It is smooth, may put a little lighter hammer sping in it though, but its not bad. Single action is beuatiful.