Thread: Another Interesting Idea Bubbles To The Surface

Another Interesting Idea Bubbles To The Surface

So after I rebuilt another postie AK for my second job/hobby, I've got a complete barrel from a Yugo, an EG front trunion, a spare NDS 1KP receiver, a complete triangle side folder setup, the remains of a non-G Romanian kit, and an idea.

The Yugo barrel is just itching to go into another rifle. And since I'm getting ready to move this coming weekend into a bigger house with a garage I can actually use, well, you can see where this is going, don't ya?

I'm thinking a Yugo side-folder/Khyber Pass special is in order, of course!
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Putting together a bunch of parts that were never expected to ever be together sounds like the perfect excuse for a Khyber special!!!!

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

That's the beauty of an AK, you can mix'em, you can match'em, you can build it your way and it's still an AK!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

When I built my Yugo barreled/polish trunnion AK mismatch I had to widen the slot the rear sight sets in on the trunnion and I believe a receiver needed some mods as well but other then that it was a pretty straight forward build.

Well, what I've found is the Yugo RSB not only needs relieved on the sides to slide into the EG trunion, it also needs a little relief to fit the front as well. That's the reason I've got the Yugo barrel and had to use my last non-G Romy kit to rebuild the postie Yugo. I need just a couple more thousandths to begin to check HS when the RSB and the front of the trunion got in a tangle. So I'll have to get out the files and do a little hand relieving to fit. I'm cracking my knuckles in anticipation. I'm also thinking I need to find a grenade spigot to throw on her as well. Just to get that whole battlefield thing going.

I had planned on Krinking out my S-308, but I don't think that project is going anywhere. Besides, I don't have a FrankenAK yet. All of my other builds were on mostly intact parts kits. So this should be interesting.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Sounds like a neat project! Good Luck on it, and on your move!