Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAR-1 on gunbroker....

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

All SAR rifles should look like that, but with the addition of bayo lug and threaded muzzle.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have heard about several 2004 SAR-1s and figure that although built in late 2003 they had to be built pre-2004 but were allowed in because either they were in the warehouse when the ban came on those evil real military AKMs that didn't meet the sporting purpose of the second amendment, or someone came to an agreement with some ATF wag (read $$$) to allow in a few that just happened to be on the way here.

Regardless, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed says nothing about the design, size, or shape of a firearm, or "arm" for that matter.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I wish the old gunsnet posts were still up, I'm pretty sure they announced no more in 03. Maybe a few slipped in late?
    That's a good possibility, I'm going to check the Romanian Forums. This is from Lynx310-
    A SAR-1 is a P.D.B (Produced During assualt weapons Ban) Romanian semi-automatic AKM (aka AK-47) clone. This rifle has a pistol grip and can accept AK-47 Hi-capacity magazines, which are very cheap and plentiful. The end of the barrel has no threads. It uses the standard AK-47 7.62*39 cartridge. The fit and finish of this rifle is average, mainly because of the mismatched wood and some odd metal finishing marks. Most Sar-1s have some form of trigger slap, which can be easily fixed by following the Trigger Slap fix tutorial. Another problem that may be encountered is canted sights. There are 5 US parts and 10 imported parts. Note: The 2001 through early 2004 models are of higher quality then the 2000 and 1999 models. The advantages of this rifle are its reliability, cost, very large selection of replacement parts, cheap ammo, and the very cool noise of the original AK-47 round the 7.62*39. If you want a clone true to the original this is it. Overall this is a great starter AK. They are now NO LONGER imported, replaced by a sister gun the WASR series.
    Last edited by insider; 08-29-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

I found something similar when I was down in Gulfport, MS in one of the infamous GLNC MAK 90s. Told the shop monkey he had an illegal post sample on his hands, and he countered with 'the Nawlens ATF office said it was legal'. He seemed a little peturbed when I told him the Firearms Testing Branch said otherwise. I'm betting after I left they had a good chuckle that went something along the lines of 'dumbass didn't even know what he was talking about' and put it right back on the rack as soon as the door closed behind me.

Of course CAI wouldn't ever import something like that. (Never mind my confiscated PSL 54C.)
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    I found something similar when I was down in Gulfport, MS in one of the infamous GLNC MAK 90s. Told the shop monkey he had an illegal post sample on his hands, and he countered with 'the Nawlens ATF office said it was legal'. He seemed a little peturbed when I told him the Firearms Testing Branch said otherwise. I'm betting after I left they had a good chuckle that went something along the lines of 'dumbass didn't even know what he was talking about' and put it right back on the rack as soon as the door closed behind me.

Of course CAI wouldn't ever import something like that. (Never mind my confiscated PSL 54C.)
    That really blows because the ATF originally approved those rifles then turned around and said they were machine guns.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Just like the first-gen PSL 54C I had. Of course if they'da done a better job of welding the holes on those rifles, nobody would've been the wiser. At least they tried. On the GLNCs, it was right there, in-your-face obvious.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12