Thread: UTG AR15 BUIS

UTG AR15 BUIS

I needed a BUIS for an AR15... I didn't want to spend $100-150 bucks for a GG&G/Larue/et.al.... so I bought one of these guys for $25 bucks off of Amazon.com.

I took a chance buying the UTG brand BUIS... The local pawn shop carries Pro-Mag BUIS's, and the finish on the PM's is atrocious.

I was VERY surprised when it arrived today at the finish and quality of this product... for $25 bucks? There are not UTG or "made in china" engravings/markings on this piece and if someone were to say check out my new "high end brand" BUIS that I just paid $125 for, I never would have guessed.

Anyways, this BUIS is adjustable for both windage and elevation... just wanted to pass along for you not to be afraid to order one of these UTG/made in China products.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post

I needed a BUIS for an AR15... I didn't want to spend $100-150 bucks for a GG&G/Larue/et.al.... so I bought one of these guys for $25 bucks off of Amazon.com.

I took a chance buying the UTG brand BUIS... The local pawn shop carries Pro-Mag BUIS's, and the finish on the PM's is atrocious.

I was VERY surprised when it arrived today at the finish and quality of this product... for $25 bucks? There are not UTG or "made in china" engravings/markings on this piece and if someone were to say check out my new "high end brand" BUIS that I just paid $125 for, I never would have guessed.

Anyways, this BUIS is adjustable for both windage and elevation... just wanted to pass along for you not to be afraid to order one of these UTG/made in China products.

Looks robust for sure. Be interested to see how it handles. I have a set of MI SP-LP BUIS on my 20" that work awesome.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Way to support america there buddy! You seem like the kind of guy that would buy up lead filled toys made in china for your children just to save yourself a buck. Must be a lower class thing.

Krautrifle, way to go with 4 posts to your name on this board. Go and die now. That is all.

Personally I suspect a long time poster under a new handle...

As for the BUIS I would much prefer a fold down type, the fixed models never made too much sense to me.

Hey Kraut, so all you buy is Federal and Winchester ammo... I guess Wolf/Barnal/Fiocci/S&B is all off the list for you, right? I bet your chevy or ford is entirely made in America too, right? I bet you don't ever shop at walmart, right? I didn't order the darn thing from China, but even if you don't like them, Cheaper than Dirt is an American company. that I supported.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Personally I suspect a long time poster under a new handle...

As for the BUIS I would much prefer a fold down type, the fixed models never made too much sense to me.
    As far as a BUIS, I would agree, the non folding type don't come across as a back up, but really a primary sight, that just happens to be removable so that optics can be mounted.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I have had the folding version of that sight for over a year with no problems here.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003