Thread: PPS43C question

PPS43C question

Just checking to make sure nothing is wrong with my pistol...

Is the firing pin on these is a two piece inertia firing pin? Mine has been 100% in functioning since I got it but tonight in cleaning after my latest range fun with it I noticed I can push in the rear of the firing pin and the tip does not protrude unless I push the end in slightly past the rear of the bolt (inertia firing pin). I'm not sure I noticed before in my previous two cleanings...

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

The PPS43c has a two piece firing pin. Some of the other forums have mentioned having the tip of the pin breaking off, another site mentioned a new improved two piece firing pin. Some guys are using modified AR-15 firing pins. There are no replacement pins available yet, good luck with that.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Man youve got me REAAALLY wanting one...

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The PPS43c has a two piece firing pin. Some of the other forums have mentioned having the tip of the pin breaking off, another site mentioned a new improved two piece firing pin. Some guys are using modified AR-15 firing pins. There are no replacement pins available yet, good luck with that.
    Mine is fine then, I just hadn't noticed the firing pin being of the inertia type in my previous cleanings and wanted to make sure. I've heard of some issues with the firing pins on these but supposedly mine is of the "improved" type.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Man youve got me REAAALLY wanting one...
    Truthfully it's been quite a while since I've bought something as fun and reliable out of the box as this pistol. I'd recommend one highly.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    There are no replacement pins available yet, good luck with that.
    Grab a piece of cold rolled steel rod of an appropriate diameter and a file then go to work. When it's to spec heat it up red hot and oil quench it to harden it. I made a pin for a friends old shotgun once that way. Last i heard it was still working.

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Grab a piece of cold rolled steel rod of an appropriate diameter and a file then go to work. When it's to spec heat it up red hot and oil quench it to harden it. I made a pin for a friends old shotgun once that way. Last i heard it was still working.
    I've made lots of firing pins over the years so I'm with you, the lack of that as a spare doesn't really bother me much. The rest of the pistol is so simple it makes an AK look complex...

I asked this question because the pistol as it's came has been almost too perfect in operation for me to believe, I'm probably looking for something to go wrong at this point just because I'm so unbelieving... I think I've bought too many century guns over the years LOL.