Thread: Remington 1100 & 11-48 handguard compatibility

Remington 1100 & 11-48 handguard compatibility

Hi everyone, a question for anyone that has a Remington 1100 and a 11-48. I have an 11-48 that has a damaged forend and don't see the sense in spending as much in a replacement as I paid for the gun. Is an 1100 forend compatible with the 11-48, or could it be made to fit with some work?

Tank_monkey, I saw on a previous thread that you have or had both at some point... maybe you could help? I'd PM you but until my post count is up the board keeps you safe from asking my questions in private

Thanks in advance!

try numrich.com outta N.Y. and you should be able to schematic drawings w/ pARTS #S THAT should le you know.....i dont knoiw how to do cut and paste type stuff

I already checked Numrich and the schematics don't really tell you what the insides of the handguards look like. From what I've researched already I figured the parts are not directly interchangeable, so what I want to determine is if an 1100 handguard can have have material added or removed to fit the 11-48. If nobody reading this has both models, perhaps someone with an 1100 could post some pictures of the insides of their 1100 handguard for me to compare with mine?