Thread: B WEST CHINESE AK47 BAD REVIEWS

B WEST CHINESE AK47 BAD REVIEWS

I HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY A LIKE NEW B WEST AK47 BUT HAVE READ BAD REVIEWS ABOUT WEAK RECEIVERS THAT WERE MANUFACTURED BY B WEST. I ALSO READ WHERE B WEST WAS PUTTING TOGETHER OR IMPORTING CHINESE AK47'S AND PARTS AND ASSEMBLING IN TUCSON. THE WEAPON IN QUESTION IS STAMPED BWA 0931 AND B WEST TUCSON AZ. IS THIS AN EARLIER MODEL BUILT WITH SAFE PARTS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THE ASKING PRICE WITH 20 ROUND CLIP IS $550.00 AND AGAIN IT IS MINT AS NEW.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    You seem to have found a few interesting articles!

OK, caps lock off

Next, you are going to have a ton of people tell you that AKs use magazines, Garands use clips.

The parts of a B-west might be safe, but if the receiver is stamped "Made in USA" there is a good chance that it was not heat treated properly and after some use will show elongation around the trigger and hammer axis pins. It is possible to have them properly heat treated, but most people just avoid B-west USA receiver AKs.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes, turn off the cap lock key. You are shouting at us with captial letters. Yes it is a box magazine, not a clip. Springfield rifles, Mauser Rifles, Styer 95 rifles and M1 Garands use Clips to name but a few. AK, AR15, G3, FN FAL, M14, PS90, and SCAR rifles all use box magazines as do semi-auto handguns.

Not that I have that out of the way ... what did you do, invent a time machine?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

Yea I had one, TYpe-56-2 Side Folder made in early 1990 in the 1,400 Serial Number Range. Do not get one stamped Made in USA. I had all types of problem's with mine. had to have it fixed to sell it.