Thread: My two Draco's (and their American Cousin)

Cool My two Draco's (and their American Cousin)

Right, so ages ago I decided I was going to SBR these badboys. It had actually been almost a year after their stamp arrived that I dropped them off at a gunsmith. After moving to Ohio I no longer had access to my cousin's machine shop, nor was I looking to spend the money to get the tools to do the job right.

Instead, I opted for the Gunsmith route. Kevin over at AimHi New Albany was just the man for the job. 6 weeks after dropping them off, he called me to come pick them up. Great guy to deal with and he did an amazing job.

The black one originally had a small Ace folder fixed to it. After some quick drills at the range by me and one other person, we both decided that we preferred the CTR stock much better.

I'm still waiting on some things for all of them (VCAS slings), the new optics/mount and flash light for the AR, etc. Overall, it's been a pretty fun month for weapons over at my house. Link to the whole album
    Last edited by Lysander; 09-02-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Very nice!

I have GOT to SBR my Draco.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Pictures are too small and album link doesn't work. Bigger pics please, they look very nice and very interesting
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Pictures are too small and album link doesn't work. Bigger pics please, they look very nice and very interesting
    Kept the pics small, the link should work now and take you to the full size images.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Tastefully tac...I likey.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Kept the pics small, the link should work now and take you to the full size images.
    Yep, it does. Nice guns and nice pics. Congrats.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Tastefully tac...I likey.
    "Functional" is what I call it.

Brutus was a prophet.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

I see now that one is black and one is green

Seriously, those look awesome! How do they handle/shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by 6gunsal View Post
    I see now that one is black and one is green

Seriously, those look awesome! How do they handle/shoot?
    All I did was shoot them for function check/to sight in. At 25 yards they shoot about the same as my SLR-107FR with ts red dot: 3-4MOA depending on ammo. Handling with the CTR stocks is excellent. Honestly, they are a little front heavy (go figure), but that aids in rapid follow up shots. Even with the big Romanian FH on the one, they're still a good 4" shorter than my BCM Middy.

To knock another inch off I may swap them out to Type 84 birdcages.

So far, they are my favorite AKs.
    Last edited by Lysander; 09-03-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Brutus was a prophet.