Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Currently on order are a:

Buck Marksman
    http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...productID=4327

Large Vantage in Rosewood
    http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...productID=4320

A buck 110 50th anniversary boxed set.
    http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BUC...ox-set-cmbo110

Only 110 of the boxed sets are being made so if I can't get the set I've got an order in for the 110 Federal in 440C

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BU0...ary-0110blsusa

and the Lochsa in S30v

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BU0...sary-0110bksns

As a BCCi Life Member I order directly from the distributor so my price is a good bit lower than the retail prices listed. Still a good chunk of change going out the door but it's only money.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Just ordered a very special Buck 301. The BCCI is offering to members only a 301 Stockman with white ivory micarta scales and all blades will be made of BG-42 steel. They will have nickel silver bolster and come with leather pocket pouch. Limited to 100 plain and 100 with the BCCI logo. I've been wanting a BG-42 anything from Buck as it's been years since they used that steel and then only in limited or custom shoppe offerings. You steelheads know what BG-42 is. For the rest of you it's highly regarded for it's superior edge holding ability, toughness and corrosion resistance. I've I'm not mistaken it's not used that much for standard production due to the wear and tear it puts on the manufacturing equipment. Won't arrive until June but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get one before the limits are reached. WooHoo!
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Congratulations. Have you ordered it yet, or do you have to wait them to arrive to the BCCI first? I look forward to seeing it with all the special edition features.

The 301 reminds me of something one of my grandfathers would carry. Not my favorite style, thats for sure.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Did you get the Buck 110 box set?

Having one of those on display would be beyond awesome.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I mailed my order for the 301 today. Don't know about the boxed set yet. Some of the models in it aren't supposed to be made until the 3rd and 4th quarter of this year. Unless they make them up for just the boxed sets at the beginning I wouldn't expect the boxed sets to ship until the end of the year after all four models have been produced. I'll find out for sure at the Shenandoah Knife Show in April. The BCCI President and other club officers will be there so I'm sure we'll all be talking about this and other things if I haven't heard before then.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Got my BCCI 301 on Tuesday. Very pleased as it came well fitted and quite sharp. Sorry for the lousy photos I'm having some focus issues with my Digicam.

I'm anxious to see how the BG-42 steel holds up. Knife came with a nice little black slip holster/sheath to keep it from getting scratched in your pocket. Classy touch I thought.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Very nice! You do like those buck knives.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Very nice! You do like those buck knives.
    I do at that. I find the fact that it's still family owned pretty appealing as well as the knives themselves. It's a company with a culture I can associate with and support. Not a deal maker or breaker but I like it.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Currently on order are a:

and the Lochsa in S30v

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BU0...sary-0110bksns
    Not very good photos but got the Lochsa today. Really like this knife though the thumb studs are too close to the scale and cannot be used to open the blade. Even though it feels great, weighs a little less than a standard 110 and with the pocket clip it's going to work with me in the morning. I got #095 out of 500.

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Interesting blade!

I like the concept, but it sounds like they need to redesign the thumb stud or the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Interesting blade!

I like the concept, but it sounds like they need to redesign the thumb stud or the scales.

Agreed. No one noticed it when the photos first came out as Buck has thumb studs on other models that work just fine. Guess we just didn't think about it and apparently neither did Buck. I'm thinking if I can figure out how to do it I'd like to make a little bracket that fits over the spine of the blade with a return leg on each side that would go under the thumbs studs. There would be a notch on the top part that goes over the spine of the blade that you could use like the wave feature on an Emerson. You still couldn't use the thumb studs but a Buck 110 with a wave would be pretty cool and it would get you back the one handed opening that the thumb studs were meant to provide.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456