Thread: Any knife/tomahawk/shuriken throwers here?

Question Any knife/tomahawk/shuriken throwers here?

I recently rediscovered knife and tomahawk throwing a few weeks ago while camping with some friends, something I enjoyed as a teenager a few decades ago. I had forgotten how much fun it can be! I bought a few Cold Steel Throwers (7 is a few right?), and have a Cold steel tomahawk that I still had from back in the day. Also found an old throwing star, and just ordered a few CS stars.

Just curious if anyone else here enjoys throwing a knife, star or hawk?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I've got several sets of throwing knives but haven't messed with them a year or two. Pretty fun once you get the technique and distance figured out. Guess I should dust off mine before winter gets here. I do find that the larger knives are easier to throw than the small ones.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I am getting pretty fair at rotational throwing, I'm fairly consistent back as far as two spin distance. Lately I have been trying to get better at no spin throwing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1nBmcKuoo

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snapshot762 View Post
    I am getting pretty fair at rotational throwing, I'm fairly consistent back as far as two spin distance. Lately I have been trying to get better at no spin throwing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1nBmcKuoo

I've seen that video before. That guy can throw and stick just about anything with a point on it. I can do rotational but that's it.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I had a Cold Steel rifleman's hawk that I threw in the back yard for a while. Got pretty good at it till the handle snapped off. As sad and pathetic as this sounds, I have not been able to order the $9.99 replacement handle. Its not the money, I just can't justify putting it any higher on my priority list. SMH.

hey woogie it isn't sad or anything. it is just life....priorities.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Decided to make a thrower. Made from a 1/4" X 1 1/2" bar of 01 steel! Still have to heat treat it, but I think it should throw pretty good!

nevermind, got my physics wrong.... nothing to see here.
    Last edited by cevulirn; 09-21-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump