Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's got a blade on order?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Who's got a blade on order?

Ever since I've gotten "into" blades over the last 2-3 years it seems like I constantly have something on preorder or back order. Right now I have the following knives I'm waiting on:

Buck Collectors Club 110

This is a Paperstone 110 with what they call a "bare butt" meaning it has no metal bolster on the end. It's got an S30v blade with a drop point (not sure if the 110 has ever been offered in a DP) and no nail nick. Available only to BCCI members. Should ship around Xmas time.

DPX H.E.S.T. folder

http://www.eseeknives.com/hest_folder.htm

This is one I'm kind of excited about as it's the first Esee/RAT folder. Should be shipping in December as well.

No photos of this one but it's a Spyderco Military with G10 scale one one side, titanium frame lock on the other and a CPM-M4 blade. Only 500 will be made and I'm getting one! No date yet as it was mid-June to July but has been pushed back. Should be the ultimate slicer and worth double what I paid for it the day I get it in my hand.

http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercomi...exclusive.aspx

Anyone else got anything waiting in the wings so to speak?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I have a custom Bowie on order from Tom Goodpasture...

D-2 steel,flat grind, jigged bone handle with leather sheath...$125.

He's not a master yet so I figured I'd get one from him while I can afford one.

http://www.goodpastureknives.com/Ame...Nov%202008.pdf

Its the knife in the middle in the big picture...reminded me of the Imperial blades of the 50's but alot better quality....I paid him $50 already to start the knife, the rest due in Sept when he's done.
    Last edited by NRAJOE; 08-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Patron Life member NRA

U.S. Army Combat Engineer
    237th Eng. Batt.
    Heilbronn,Germany 1976-79

Quote Originally Posted by NRAJOE View Post

Its the knife in the middle in the big picture...reminded me of the Imperial blades of the 50's but alot better quality....I paid him $50 already to start the knife, the rest due in Sept when he's done.
    I like that knife. It's got that look "down to business" yesteryear look. More of a drop point to it than a clip or traditionl bowie profile which I like. Not too say I don't like clip points. My Buck 110 is a favorite and I'm in the market for a Buck 120 General and 124 Frontiersman if I can find either at a good price and condition. I just like the way that knife looks. Please let us know what you think come September and you get it in hand.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I will...I'd like a Buck 124 myself....getting pricey.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

I will...I'd like a Buck 124 myself....getting pricey.
    Yeah, I've found a few for sale in the $250 range but that's a deal breaker at that price. IIRC they only stopped producing the 124 a couple of years ago so I'm gonna hit some local, out of he way gun stores and pawn shops and see if i can turn up one at a better price. The 120 is running around $150 which is better but it's not the knife the 124 is.

Was looking at these tonght. Haven't decided which one I like best.

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/Queen-...D2-Steel-9ACSB

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/Queen-...2-Steel-49ACSB

The only real difference I can see is the Cattle King is just a little longer, 4.25" closed vis 4" for the Stockman.

Ths S&M also looks like a winner.
    http://www.knivesshipfree.com/Schatt...eries-4-042262
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 08-10-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I can't afford to order even a tenth of the knives I'd like to have.

I ordered a custom bowie knife from Tom Goodpasture back in early July...paid a $50 deposit immediately via Paypal...he said the knife should be deliverd by mid Sept.
    Mid Sept rolls around, no knife...contacted him, said he'd been really busy...expect knife by mid Oct.
    Mid Oct rolls around, no knife...contacted him, said he'd been really busy...expect knife by mid Nov.
    Mid Nov. is here...still no knife...says he's been really busy...by now the excitement has worn off and I'm done waiting...he says he'd like to finish it, doesn't tell me when it would be done.

I asked him for a refund...he promptly gave me my refund.

I'm sure he makes great knives but I wouldn't know.

He is also a L.E.O.

But if he plans on making a go at the knife making he needs to deliver when said...he may have to make a decision if he wants to make knives full time of keep teo jobs and not deliver on time.

If you want a knife from him prepare to wait a long time.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

Can't find edit button...meant to say he needs to make the decision of making knives full time, or keeping two jobs and not delilver on time.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

Thumbs up

Ordered both of these a month or more back and just got word that they are on their way.

Spyderco Manix 2 with orange G-10 and full flat grind S30v blade, limited edition of 600pcs.

When I preordered the price was $116 so it pays to get in on these early. Probably won't have this one in hand until Saturday.

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 with carbon fiber scales and S90v steel.

This one is being delivered today. I've had a Para with D2 for a few years and really like it. When the Para 2 came out I told myself to wait until they did a special run and I'm glad I did. This is a 700 pcs run that I thought for sure I got in on too late. The Para is a great design but with the Para 2 improvements, carbon fiber and S90v which many consider to be the "super steel" of super steels I'm pretty excited. This should be the ultimate slicer in this size knife.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Used my Sportmans Warehouse gift card last night to order a USMC Ka-Bar. Also won an ebay auction for a Buck 619 Gamesmate which is the Buck 119 Special with a Kraton handle instead of phenolic. IIRC Buck only made these from 1986 until 1993 which is the date code on the one I won. Not really rear or collectible but a nice addition to the collection all the same. Pics of both when they arrive
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I picked up a repro M7 bayo for my Garand.

Face your fear, accept your war.

Thumbs up

Reproduction or not that is one good looking bayonet! Congrats.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Just got one of these in the mail..

Byrd Knives (Spyderco's Import Line) "Byrdrench". I carried a Spyderench for years and I really loved it... lost it (of course) and didn't realize that it had become a collectors item (And a collectors price to boot) and very difficult to find as Spyderco stopped making them... Fast forward a few years, I stumble upon an article about Spyderco Re-Releasing the tool under their Byrd line... well I bit hard and have been VERY happy with the results.
    The best Multi-Tool for me.

I got one of these on order right now...

Ontario 499 Air Force survival knife. Always wanted one, plus it will make a great friend for my Gerber LMF II A.S.E.K. ;-)
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

It's been a while since I got a new Spyderco so I ordered this newly released Navaja.

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spyderc...s30vblade.aspx

Kind of caught my eye when the prototype was unveiled at the Amsterdam meet back in March. Now that it's out I couldn't help myself. Was also going to get the Byrdrench (they were on Close Out at Cutlery Shoppe last week but my log in was messing up) but they are now out of stock. I'll look around and see who else has a good deal on it, if I can find one.

When the Navaja get's here I'll post some pics. Anyone else got something inbound?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I have a couple of knives I'm waiting for delivery.

One of these:

An Ontario Knife Company's Marine Bayonet

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/okc3smarinebayonet.aspx

And one of these:

A Cold Steel's Recon 1 series Tanto point/plain edge.

I really like that HEST folder. I have been thinking about another knife as of late....I really do not need one but....
    AKA "Rampantscot"

Thumbs up

The Navaja arrived at lunchtime today. Love the way it looks and feels. The ergonomics are great. The carbon fiber scales and stainless steel bolsters are very nice and the blade shape is quite eye catching. It slices very nicely. I like this one a lot.

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

For some reason, I find it easier to spend $$$ on hones then on knives....

Thumbs up

Not really "on order" but if I'm lucky today I might win a Buck 110 with damascus blade and stag scales as well as a couple of other 110 models. Wish me luck!
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Well fortunately for me but unfortunately for my wallet I won all three of the items I was bidding on at an online auction. They should arrive today or tomorrow so perhaps pics by the weekend.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast