Thread: Sometimes You Just Fall Into 'Em

Sometimes You Just Fall Into 'Em

So, I'm hanging down at the crack store Wed. Sales Monkey is getting ready to put a 10/22 out on the rack and notices the price and gives an audible gasp. When we query him on what his problem is, he remarks that "$175 is a damn good price for a 10/22". No shit, Sherlock.

So, as soon as I get my finances straightened out from getting moved in to a new house, I'll have me a 10/22 for $175. Did I mention it comes with a Bushnell scope? Not sure on the magnification, but shit, who am I to complain about something like that?

This on top of the Auto Ordnance/Thompson 1911A1 in 10mm I just picked up off layaway last weekend for $400 OTD. I'll be apostin pics here in the next couple of days for y'all to drool over...
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Auto Ordnance/Thompson 1911A1 in 10mm I just picked up off layaway last weekend for $400 OTD.

yuur gay
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    yuur gay
    Wrong, if I had a chance at that 10 I would have been all over it even if I had to steal the pennies from my sisters piggy bank.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

I don't get the gay comment. I would of said "I hate you because I never find such a deals"!
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 09-10-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Seems to happen to a select few quite a lot there hazmat. Total score on the 1911 10MM.....

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York

Great deal!

Great deal on that 10-22. I don't know how many deals I've missed because I was a day late and a dollar short. Well I at least won't be a dollar short any more since I keep cash on hand for those first come first, served, type deals.

Last deal was a Norinco SKS for $150, the guy needed cash that day. The gun had a busted off Tapco stock which I would have chucked anyway, but otherwise in very nice condition with all matching numbers, and shoots good.

Looking for a good deal FTF in Rochester NY on a Black rifle in 223 if you know someone in my area let me know? I have cash.

Just me and my monkey....

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    yuur gay
    What's with the hate? With 10 M/O twins and buying a new house, I have to be little more frugal with my money. That $400 is the total for the pistol. I already had $150 on her. I guess the $280 mostly intact parts kit (all parts, to include barrel, minus rear trunion) I just got off GB would be a bad thing, to eh?

To quote the popular cliche, 'Don't Hate The Playa, Hate The Game.'

When it comes to layaways, the term is technically correct in that I put money down. Usually, I put the money on them as a holder to make sure nobody else can get 'em before I do. It also allows me, a confirmed and devout impulse buyer, to take a bit to think about if I really want the piece. Sometimes, but not always. Fun shows are real test of will power for me. In this case, the layaway actually started out as a shooter-grade Luger w/non matching numbers for $900. But I wasn't feeling it. So, about a month ago, the A/O 10 caught my eye, I shifter the money to it, dropped the Luger, and the rest is history.

If you think I'm lucky, there used to be a guy here went by the moniker 'Frenchy'. That dude has a collection of Dragunovs that will make you physically sick, not only to see, but to find out how he came up with them and how much he paid for each. There are very few people I'm jealous of when it comes to collections, but I am downright green with the jealous regarding Frenchy's. One thing I got from reading Frenchy's posts was how patient he was in getting what he wanted. I've taken that to heart. Oh, luck has a part in it, don't get me wrong, but to find the deals, you have to be patient.

The one pistol I'm waiting to drop in my lap is a Nighthawk Custom 10mm Longslide. That's my dream 1911 right now. It worked with the Dan Wesson, maybe it'll work for a Nighthawk...
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I get the same way too sometimes, but my craze has become a bit sated since I was able to pick up a CMMG conversion for my AR and a VTAC sling.

Still tho, I havent bought a gun in about... 14 months. You wanna see frugal, I can show you frugal.

Nice buy on that 10/22 man, and a 10mm 1911 sounds awesome. I was eyeing the Coogan (sp?) .357 1911's but then I saw the pricetag... YOWZA!!
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Sorry I couldn't follow up on this, but I was out of town for a conference for my day job, and the hotel I was in had shitty WiFi (and by shitty, I mean every new page I opened or link I clicked resulted in the disconnection from the intertubes).

S-S, same here regarding the Coonan. Now, my 'high-end gun' buying is anything less than $500.

BTW, picked up the 10-22 yesterday. The Bushnell scope is a 3-9 job. Came with one 10-rd mag, and I bought a Shooters Ridge 25 rder. Shoots great. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll put a pic or two. Thought that could be problematic, considering its Fun Show weekend.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Congrats on all!

And the hits just keep on coming. This morning, I traded my Saiga .308, 7 mags (4 SF 25 rders, 2 FBMG 20 rders, and the factory 8 rder) and a Burris Fast Fire 2 w/Weaver base for a CAI Bulgarian AK 74 w/2 mags, a NCStar AK scope mount, a 2x-7x funky-assed tactical scope with more rails than you can shake a stick at, and $450 cash. Personally, I would've taken the grand I was asking for the Saiga and the buck and a half I wanted for the Burris, but that's how them things go sometimes. So now I've got a new '74 and some more mags to go with the collection. And the best part? No paper on the gun. Matter of fact, I'm 3rd generation no paper.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009