Thread: gun show buys

gun show buys

I went to NGD last weekend and picked up 2 LEO MP5 mags and 5 HK AR mags in the wrap for $15 each, 2 Star S mags for $30, a 91/30 HG (had to buy the entire stock set for $20 to get it) and a Rem 870 with rifled slug barrel and scope setup for $160. After I bought the Remington I picked up a smooth bore slug barrel for $60 since I like to shoot buck shot for home defense and shot doesn't do well out of rifled barrel (I plan on selling the rifled barrel in shotgun friendly Ohio later this year). For ammo I picked up 5 boxes of S&B 762x25 for $20/box which I thought wasn't too bad a price.

I wanted the Star mags but wasn't sure I'd find them, as a bonus the ones I picked up were still sealed in the factory packaging. The 91/30 HG was another item I was really hoping to find and I'm glad I managed to find it, the cleaning rod is neat in it's completely covered in pitting, I guess it spent some time outside after a battle somewhere

The Remington I feel alittle bad over, it was a young kid who was selling it as he couldn't get it on target. In looking at it after the buy I found the scope was turned 90 degree off and he probably just didn't know how to set it. Had I seen that before buying it I would of told him what was wrong and might of saved him from selling a like new 870...

If I knew your mug I prolly saw you there.

I didnt get much, just a CMMG .22 conversion kit.

You might have seen me, I was wearing a green plate carrier vest I was trying to sell and had a AR upper slung. Wife was with me wearing a pink shirt. She wore the vest for a while lol

Yep I think you both stopped by the table, I was going to ask about the plate carrier but got side tracked with a sale, you were talking to the guy I was sharing the table with.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Superb deal on the magazines! Congrats!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sounds like a good day. Too bad for the kid with the 870, but I am sure he will try again.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If the MP5 mags for $15 each were H&K I hate you!!!!

Seriously, great buys !!!! Nice to hear about good news about prices for a change! CONGRATS!

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Yep I think you both stopped by the table, I was going to ask about the plate carrier but got side tracked with a sale, you were talking to the guy I was sharing the table with.
    What kinda shirt were you wearing? The wife thinks she might remember your table.

Good deal on those mags, I saw a few good deals but didn't have all that much money to spend.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

If it helps there was a HR 45/70 with extra 12 ga, 20ga and 410 barrels on the table (I bet the only tale with such a firearm ).