Thread: My usual 911 routine but this time not with a 22.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

My usual 911 routine but this time not with a 22.

All targets shot at 50 yards as per my routine on this day every year.

I started with a Ruger Mini-14 manufactured in 1977. I had 4 oddball rounds of .223 laying around, 4 cartridges with 3 different head stamps and this seemed like a good way to dispose of them. Not my first choice gun for a run into the woods and fight marauding hordes with but it was sufficient enough at 50 yards to mess up the Osama target.

Then it was onto my favorite gun for serious work, made in June 1941 it still does a real nice job when I do my share of the work. M1 Garand now chambered for the 7.62x51 and probably could shoot better if I had younger eyes and getting in the sitting position wasn't such agony. Using practically brand new ammo for me, (only 22 years old), I shot this target.

Then because I cannot leave well enough alone I used the same military hardball ammo in my go to hunting gun, my H&R Handi-Rifle but this time giving way to back spasms I sat on a chair at my shooting bench and took careful aim for 9 shots, that stray shot must have been diverted by aliens because I most certainly do not shoot that bad with that gun off a Caldwell Rest. Or maybe I do...nope had to be aliens.

It might not be as dignified as a tradition showing respect for those dead and wounded innocents and heroes as most do but it's my tradition. I will never forgive nor forget that sumbitch no matter how long he has been dead. Some grudges do not go away.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I'LL SECOND THAT LAST STATMENT.:
    Last edited by james01; 09-11-2011 at 08:53 PM.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Same here OG... same here.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

AMEN!

Good tradition Grump!

aliens. that's a good one!