Thread: where can i find an accutrigger?

where can i find an accutrigger?

keep looking and looking and cannot seem to find it, details and rails but no flippin trigger assembly.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I think you are talking about the Savage accurtrigger? Uh... Savage maybe?
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

They dont sell them as far as i can tell.

be the heat..

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

If you visit the Savage website you'll find this search result looking for 'AccuTrigger' in their FAQ's:

Can I buy an Accutrigger for my firearm?

Ever since its introduction, the Savage Accutrigger has been in high demand. Unfortunately, the Accutrigger is not retrofittable to a gun that did not have it originally. The receiver is machined differently so it is not compatible with other receivers.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    If you visit the Savage website you'll find this search result looking for 'AccuTrigger' in their FAQ's:

Can I buy an Accutrigger for my firearm?

Ever since its introduction, the Savage Accutrigger has been in high demand. Unfortunately, the Accutrigger is not retrofittable to a gun that did not have it originally. The receiver is machined differently so it is not compatible with other receivers.

Steve
    Ok so how do you change a trigger pull? I see alot of stuff that says you can change your rifles trigger pull with this.
    Found it but there is little to no adjustment. DAMN!!
    Last edited by l921428x; 09-20-2011 at 03:38 AM.

be the heat..

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

The video below gives a basic description of the Accutrigger and how to adjust trigger pull. Hope this helps!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Are you talking adjusting the standard Savage or Stevens trigger?

If so, it's a piece of cake - there's a little wratcheting screw that you loosen until you get the desired pull...

I have a Stevens with that trigger and I was very pleased with the pull I was able to get just by adjusting that one screw.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Are you talking adjusting the standard Savage or Stevens trigger?

If so, it's a piece of cake - there's a little wratcheting screw that you loosen until you get the desired pull...

I have a Stevens with that trigger and I was very pleased with the pull I was able to get just by adjusting that one screw.
    Really do not know the diff in the trigger. Found some info on the trigger sav 110 fp, but the adjustment just does not seem to change that much.
    Seems you are trying to break a pencil to get this thing to fire.

be the heat..

get a sharp shooter systems? trigger.they are supposedly better than the factory accutrigger,i got one (accutrigger) that ill sell for 350 shipped.........................its attached to a rifle

Put up a pic of your current trigger setup.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Put up a pic of your current trigger setup.
    Hell I would HK but I have never been able to get a pic to post here or the old site.
    Always tells me they are to large. It is just a standard Savage 110 trigger group.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Hell I would HK but I have never been able to get a pic to post here or the old site.
    Always tells me they are to large. It is just a standard Savage 110 trigger group.
    Get a free Photobucket account.
    Easy and it resizes the pic automatically to work on websites.
    All my pics are done through Photobucket.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Its all the routing through my pics my docs, that to me is a pain in the ass also. Do you just dump your pics there?

be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    OK, a postable photo needs to be not much more than 1000 pixels in length or width. My 4 mega pixel camera makes a 2270 x 1780 photo so I can't post a native un altered photo either. You need to reduce the size of the image. I have Photoshop 2, which is rather dated now being as it is nearly a 10 year old program and that's also how old my camera is. Anyway, I use Reduce Photo Size and change the pixels to 1000 below as a maximum width or height to the image. These will upload to Gunsnet photo gallery. From there its a matter of using the 4th icon from the right side when you post. Click on that, paste the photo properties in the pop up window over writting the \\http that is in the window. Then hit your enter key and you should have and image. Let me say that again, Properties, not the URL for the image. That will only give a clickable linkage.

As an afterthought, if you have no particular photo editing software your computer probably has Microsoft Paint on it as it genereally comes as part of the OS when you install Windows. In it there should be a pull down menu that contains an option called Stretch I think it's called. If you click on that you will have a popup box that has two spots to input a percentage of image size change. You want to make your images smaller so in put 50% for width and 50% for height and then hit OK. The image should shrink in size. Then do a Save AS and change the name so you don't blow away the original image. I think that might work for you. I just looked at Paint on Windows 7 and it is totally differen than on XP Windows. I'm going to have to learn this new version before I can adivise anybody on it. I notice it has a Properties option, so that might be the way to go about it.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 10-05-2011 at 06:24 AM.

I import my pics from the camera via a card reader to Windows Photo Gallery. This produces a pic folder in itself. I right click on the pic and open w/ Firefox. I then save the pic to my desktop. I then go to Photobucket and upload the pic. The image is automatically resized for forum use.

I then open the pic in Photo bucket and click on and copy IMG code to the right of the pic. Then paste the IMG code to the post you are making.

Sounds like a lot of work, but after you do it a few times, it becomes 2nd nature and is very easy and fast.

One note: After you upload to Photobucket, you can delete the pic from your desktop and this won't delete your pic @ Photobucket or the forum you posted in. Doing this unclutters your desk top.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL