Thread: E.A.A Witness?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

E.A.A Witness?

New pistol time.Thinking about a Witness in 45a.c.p.Any Advice?Specifically,Is that front site dovetailed in?.Gotta have tritium.But I'm not good enough on this MagicPuterBox to find the info.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    are you looking at the steel or polymer frame?

Steel.

I "think" the latest Witnesses have the front sight made as part of the slide, like they did years ago.
    My older rare stainless steel model has a dovetailed front sight.
    It would be no big project to have the sight machined off and a dovetail machined.

The .45 Witness is nice. It's smaller and more compact then the huge CZ-97B, and has a much better curved shape to the trigger.
    The slide and frame are cast steel.
    It fits my hand better than other autos and the location of the safety is much better.

These usually get good reviews from owners and are considered a "best buy".

Here's mine.
    It was one of a short run of actual stainless steel guns. Only the slide and frame are stainless, everything else is carbon steel.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I think an individual on this forum had the frame crack on his recently. Can't remember who.

Anyway, I love a CZ-75 and if the witness is half as good then its probably still a good buy.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

They are a monster of a pistol, I gave my 9mm to a friend in need and miss it. I'd like to hear the story of a frame crack as it was the beefiest 9mm I've ever owned

My complaints would be the grip area on the slide is sort of small, at times hard to get hold of and the size in general (larger then I normally like for a pistol). My likes are they are accurate, reliable, great range guns and if need be I'm sure you use it as a club if out of bullets

Watch CDNN for special on mags they run them regularly in the $15-25 range.

I've bragged on my Witness 45 since the early 90's. I've never seen one with dovetail front sights that weren't custom added. Great pistols. Mine has processed close to 70,000 rounds. Still going strong.

Scott
    Always Remember:
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
    (I don't know who to credit but I like the quote.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I'd like to hear the story of a frame crack as it was the beefiest 9mm I've ever owned
    Here you are: How in the heck did this happen?

Also, this thread and my previous response are in reference to the Witness .45 ACP model. I wonder if they didn't get it slimmer than the CZ-97 by making the frame very thin.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 10-02-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Good stuff,Folks.Thanks.Think I'll shop around and see what it would cost to get the slide cut for Novaks.Looked at a 97,But I really REALLY wan't a .45 that looks like my beloved C.Z.