Thread: Red jacket polish AK underfolder

Red jacket polish AK underfolder

Hi, im new here this is my first post and im thinking of getting my first AK. I visited atlantic firearms and the RJ polish underfolder really caught my eye, i was wondering what you guys think about it overall? Also what can you guys tell me about the american made barrel and reciever? Iv seen a few videos of aks blowing up because the reciever couldnt take rapid fire it looked like. Is that why the US requires american recievers? So we cant rapid fire or bump fire or whatever? Im guessing the do this so we dont convert to full auto. Let me know what you guys think, theres also a review on youtube.

Can't import rifles anymore so you go parts kits. They cut up the receivers to get them in and build new with US parts. Used to be you could get them in with the barrels but now they have to be unusable too. Nothing to do with them blowing up.

It really really sucks

Welcome BTW
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Yep, the new ones either are built on US receivers with US barrels because ATF banned the importation of AK/AKM receivers with standard size mag wells as well as importation of barrels. This forced production of US parts, a good thing for American manufacturing but a bad thing for those of us who believe in the second amendment.

Any AK variant imported as a complete rifle will have a mag well that is narrow to only allow clinton capacity mags, but most importers open up the mag well once in this country to allow use of standard AK mags. Unfortunately to do that, they must also replace enough imported parts to keep the total imported parts count at 10 or less. Absolutely the stupidest thing ever done by anti-gunners who really think US parts make a rifle angelic, but more than 10 imported parts used make it pure evil.

Anyway, Red Jacket has a pretty good reputation, and Atlantic Firearms has a great reputation for standing behind what they sell. If you like the rifle and the price, go for it.

PS, there is a good chance the You Tube videos were home built rifles where the builder just slapped the rifle together, didn't check headspace, and proceded to act like an idiot. (just my 2 cents)

Thanks!

Thank you guys alot for that. I think im going to go ahead and buy it. Iv never bought a weapon online before though.. I know i need to find an ffl holder to transfer it, what do i need to bring for the background check and everything?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKMS View Post
    Thank you guys alot for that. I think im going to go ahead and buy it. Iv never bought a weapon online before though.. I know i need to find an ffl holder to transfer it, what do i need to bring for the background check and everything?
    You bring the same stuff as you would if you were buying off the shelf. Drivers License, fill out a 4473 form. You will probably have to get the Dealer you find local to you to send a copy of their FFL to Atlantic so that Atlantic can ship the weapon to them.