Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Working on my PAP

Forum Administrator

You've gone from semi serb to a full out serb.

Finally got my other parts and I see what you are talking about with removing the shelf on the trunnion. Becomes quite obvious when you drop the other bolt in, huh?
    Added the Tapco double hook. Uh Oh Tapco mags don't fit! Back to the dremel and all is well. Feeds great. Now that I have one done, I wouldn't hesitate to do another. If you haven't done this to yours yet, go for it.

Like I said, it's really not that hard. Unfortunately These Zastavas get overlooked because of the single stack magazine and the initial look of them. While it does take a bit of work to "fix" them, they are so well made otherwise that I think their are worth it.

BTW, Now that I am finished with it, I don't need the muzzle thread die and guide any more. Used once, still in perfect shape $50 includes delivery in the US.

Oil or stain?

Highpower - What did you use to get that nice dark color on your furniture? Oil or stain and what brand/kind? I would PM you but I don't have enough posts yet. Awsome color!

I used a stain that I bought from Chestnut Ridge Supply called "Dark Walnut Military Stock Stain". It is an alcohol-based stain and, unlike oil-based stains, the more you put on, the darker it gets. After staining I applied about five coats of tung oil, rubbing it with 0000 steel wool between coats.

Rivets

when opening up the mag well there are two rivits on the front hook side if the mag well, Do you have to grind on those to make a double stack fit. how about a pic of the mag well after it has been opened up. Thanks guys just picked mine up and working up the courage to get the dremel.

Quote Originally Posted by slamd64 View Post
    when opening up the mag well there are two rivits on the front hook side if the mag well, Do you have to grind on those to make a double stack fit. how about a pic of the mag well after it has been opened up. Thanks guys just picked mine up and working up the courage to get the dremel.
    I'll try to take a pic of that area soon and post it. The machining necessary to open the trunnion will remove the the head of the rivets. What I did was to TIG weld the rivet to the inside of the trunnion after I finished removing the necessary metal. I have seen another that a slot was machined on the inside where the rivet goes through, then a shortened rivet was peened in place. I think the way I did it was somewhat easier and so far it has held up just fine.

Thankyou, that will help alot. after I see some picks my dremel and welder will come out haha. thanks alot for all the help.

Okay, here is a picture of the mag well and the weld on the rivet. This is a fusion weld where you simply melt the metal together using no filler rod.

That looks great, I ordered the bolt you had posted earlyer and I will start cutting tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to post it up for me.

whats the part # for the ironwood stocks, there are a lot of stocks up there.

sorry noob herr

Sorry I don't remember the part # of the stocks and I can't find the receipt. If I remember correctly (and I just looked on the web site), I just ordered the four piece set for a M70.

Hope this helps.

May I ask what a PAP is?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I couldn't find anything that would say exactly what PAP translates out to. But here's the link:
    Click on English on the upper right and then on hunting and sporting arms, then to LKP PAP
    http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

Wonder how much they want for there full autos
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Any ideas where to find the bolt now? Cannot find it anymore

I would think that any European bolt would fit. Try to find one from a Russian, German, Romanian etc gun.

Nice Job!!

Love your restoration. I am the proud owner of M70 underfolder. Really considering doing a PAP conversion or a kit build....your work has me leaning towards the PAP!
    Awesome!

Nice looking Zastava. I just was curious seems like you did the double stack conversion to it? how reliable is it, i really want to do it to mine but not sure.

Can anyone recommend a good rail system...I want to put a front grip on mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast