Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Working on my PAP

There are some tabs inside the mag well that will have to be removed as well.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

One more from the peanut gallery. Got mine down to the barreled action tonite. I've got to admit, that grip screw was a cat of a different breed. How did you make that mod?
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    One more from the peanut gallery. Got mine down to the barreled action tonite. I've got to admit, that grip screw was a cat of a different breed. How did you make that mod?
    On mine the original threaded lug was still there. All I had to do was to screw the correct grip screw in. I believe I used a Bulgarian screw, but I really don't remember.

Last edited by Highpower; 03-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
    On mine the original threaded lug was still there. All I had to do was to screw the correct grip screw in. I believe I used a Bulgarian screw, but I really don't remember.
    I used the Hogue AK grip and the screw that came with the grip was a perfect fit for the threaded lug.

I was going to say mine didn't have threads, but upon further review, I'm a dumbass who can't see very well. When I first examined it, there didn't appear to be any threads.

I see now it was the light in my garage and the heavy dose of oil in the lug (not to mention eyes that should be recalibrated).

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

not to be a dick, but if there are no threads, duct tape, glue, well wishes. hmmm
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I know this post will kind of make this a Zombie thread (you know, coming back from the dead,) but I was bored the other day and decided to remove the metal filler piece that I was never really happy with. Instead I added a small piece of walnut to the stock. I am not too sure that I like this any better, but right now I am going to leave it alone until I can come up with something better.

Last edited by Highpower; 05-25-2013 at 07:31 AM.

I liked the other look better, but then again, I'm kinda biased that way.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

I disagree Hazmat. That is a great look, beautiful! Unique.

be the heat..

Reason I say that is I finally got mine done.

From this

To this:

To this:

To this:

Wood stockset is from a Mitchell rifle I picked up off GB.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Your rifle looks great. I am still on the fence whether to put the metal piece back in or to leave the wood.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Working on my PAP

I think a metal filler looks more 'normal'.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I think a metal filler looks more 'normal'.
    +1!

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Love my PAP, but don't trust myself to convert it so I just bought more ss mags. I thought about buying a side folding stock, pistol grip, and muz break for it, but I'm not sure it would be 922 compliant. If I stay with the 10 rnd ss config can I legally install that stuff?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
    Plato

its 922 now just buy american parts, stupid .gov stuff i know. wax on/wax off. oh and the guys here would say don't convert......buy ANOTHER.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    its 922 now just buy american parts, stupid .gov stuff i know. wax on/wax off. oh and the guys here would say don't convert......buy ANOTHER.
    Yeah, that website doesn't work...I willtry it again without all the spaces (sarcasm implied).
    I'm not going to convert it, but thought about getting a different stock set etc...
    I may get another one, but should probably look to sell this one first...doen't help that the prices are sky high, but all in good time I suppose.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
    Plato

Hello - Newb here - I am taking the leap into AK ownership (actually, tactical rifle ownership as well, since up until now my family have stayed with civilian firearms for hunting) and after much consideration I am going to try and obtain one of these rifles as my first project. Based on feedback here and other places on the 'Net, this Yugoslavian rifle has been favorably received by the public (the comments that I've read over the past few weeks have all mentioned the quality of the weapon as being very good) so I think I am making the right decision.
    I have several hunting rifles in .308 so buying this rifle will just be yet another reason to begin that hand loading hobby I keep meaning to start. Dad had an M14 built by a fellow former Marine in Arkansas to match what he carried in Vietnam so between that battle rifle and this Yugoslavian project gun I can now justify to my wife the price of a Dillon Press and all the the other equipment needed to craft my own loads for these rifles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234