Thread: gonna finally get me a dissy upper

gonna finally get me a dissy upper

been wanting one for years now and i hav a few bucks to spare.im thinkin gettin a upper to slap on my bushy lower would be a lot less painful to the checkbook........who sells good kits or uppers,id prefer a complete upper in a3 config.,shoulkd i get folding front sight(itll be scoped eventually),im actuall still up in he air as to what cal. to get ,thinking about a 6.8 upper, whatcha think?

Check Del-Ton.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I like 6.5 Grendel if not 5.56 N / .223. I don't own one but I like it on paper, much better than 6.8 SPC.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

I'd loves me a 6.5 fo sho!
    Returns June 3rd.

i was thinkin 6.8 ammo might be a lil morew accessable,i hear the grendel is indeed a better cartridge....who mhas 6.5 dissys

For a good quality upper at a reasonable price, check out http://www.model1sales.com

Dissy Uppers

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm...ategory_id=292

I've purchased several uppers from them in past. ALL with great quality... the only problem, is that their black teflon finish usually matches DPMS's finish. Some bushy's have that matte flat finish and the M1S upper's might not match IF that's important to you.

You can usually get a nice complete upper (including bolt carrier assembly and charging handle for about $515 bucks).

I once bought a brand new 20" standard AR15 upper from them in 5.56x45... I had problems with the upper cycling. It did NOT have the M4 style (cut outs/angled) feed ramps and I "thought" this was why my rifle wouldn't cycle and would "stove pipe" the round on the chamber face. You could even see where the bullets where hitting leaving copper marks... M1S's took the upper back, polished the M4 feed ramps in at my request at NO CHARGE, returned it to me, and it still jammed... turned out, it was my fault. As soon as I replaced the mag catch lever, all cycled well. The mag catch (being slightly over sized) prevented the the mag from completely seating high enough for the bolt to properly strip a round. M1S's even sent me a FREE mag catch when they returned the upper stating this is what they thought the problem was and not the lack of M4 style feed ramps.

Anyways, I've had nothing but positive experiences with Model 1 Sales and great customer service.
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 10-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.