Thread: VORTEX optics from Aim Surplus

VORTEX optics from Aim Surplus

Anybody get their latest email?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...RC&groupid=133

$199

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...15&groupid=133

$149

They're obviously AimPoint knock-offs, and probably made in China....

Anybody have any experience with them?

I'm looking for something inexpensive to put on my Saiga 12 now that its all tricked out...

Maybe an NC Star?

I'm thinking of going with the smaller SPARC for my Saiga 12...

On Amazon.com, they've got some C-More Sights like this for $285...

Would I be better served from the Aim-Point knock-off, or this C-More sight?

Whatcha think?

Or should I go with a Russian Kobra like this for $199?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Or should I go with a Russian Kobra like this for $199?

$199 is a good price for the Kobra, I like mine a whole lot on my AK-103 clone.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

"Other" forums seem to like the Vortex optics. Unlike other "clones," these will supposedly work with NVGs, are waterproof, and are warranted...

Other than that, I don't know squat.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, Vortex optics are highly regarded. I like the Sparc, despite its stupid and pretentious name, and may get one someday for a pencil barrel lightweight build, but I put the Kobra on the Saiga.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Definitely "don't" go with the NC Star , it's airsoft grade at best and sells like hotcakes along with Leapers at Softair Depot ....

I have the Strikefire. Which is their "aimpoint" M2 clone. Not bad for $150. The dot is crisp (4 MOA). Battery life is an estimated 800 hours. It has two dot colors (red and green) and ten brightness settings (not including the NV setting). I have to set it on the highest setting for use in bright sunlight. It comes with it's own high mount, which is suitable for use with ARs. Things I didn't like about the strikefire include the flip open caps, which are too tight. I took a dremel to the inside of the caps and honed them to solve that issue. Also, the sight turns itself off after 2 hours, to extend battery life. I believe that Vortex extended the shut off time to 6 hours in the newer model.
    Last edited by Uncle Scary; 09-20-2010 at 01:00 AM.

StrikeFire

I have the Vortex StrikeFire, lov'it. The only drawback to any laser dot is if you have a stigmatism in your dominate eye the dot blurs a bit. I have the red only model and keep the brightness as low as it will go.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

These optics use an LED, not a Laser. Just an FYI.

The only optic out there that uses a Laser to project an image (hologram) on the front glass, is the EOTech... Red Dots are simply a reflection of the LED inside the tube.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 Crash's Avatar

I have the Sparc model and put it on an MSAR E4, this is the first micro red dot I've owned. I purchased it because of all the positve reviews and I didn't want to pay the price for an Aimpoint T-1. I do like that the Sparc comes with a 2x doubler and a mounting system that has risers included so you don't have to buy anything else to get the height you need. I haven't used it yet but plan to sight it in within the next few days. Right now my issue is just trying to get used to it because it is so small.